Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
haha if most of my team is dead and I have little to no chance of winning the fight and there is someone downedI will always try to take them with me, sorry guys but if I'm going down I'm taking whoever I can with me.

I do this too. Especially if they start killing off my squad teammates or duo partner. Most of the time this pretty much guarantees they wont get the win (unless they're just really good). Hurt em

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Pretty last minute, but was able to secure John Wick and the Carbon Glider from the S3 Battle Pass. Bring on Season 4!

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Pretty last minute, but was able to secure John Wick and the Carbon Glider from the S3 Battle Pass. Bring on Season 4!
Same, bought the battle pass only a few days ago when I was tier 60, damn do those challenges send you flying up to 100.

Recommend everyone that's buying the season 4 pass to focus on the challenges the first couple days so you can have the XP multiplier as high as possible, as quick as possible

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If im snipin hoes you can be sure ill finish the ones ive down, that **** is annoying as hell otherwise, especially on 200m snipes.

So annoying when they crawl behind a wall though and then get revived

Reactions: Mrb1p

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
New update is here. Some big changes overall including changes on the map.

I was reading up on the blockbuster challenges and still confused on them. Is it just completing the weekly challenges or how fast?

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
New update is here. Some big changes overall including changes on the map.

I was reading up on the blockbuster challenges and still confused on them. Is it just completing the weekly challenges or how fast?
Fortnite Challenges - Week 1 Challenges list, Carbide and Blockbuster Challenges, and Challenge reset times explained

Blockbuster Challenges, for example, give you a mysterious item for completing every weekly challenge. Get every one in a season, and you'll receive a further reward. What these are are, exactly, are unknown - and we won't know until the end of Season 4 until every challenge can be completed.

Carbide Challenges, meanwhile, have you reach certain Season Levels, with each stage unlocking new parts of a costume.
This one is a little more generous - you simply have to play enough to level up and unlock everything, earning XP as you go. After three of these challenges complete, you'll then receive a Pickaxe.

Blockbuster challenges appear to be a reward for completing an entire week of Battle pass challenges.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Fortnite Challenges - Week 1 Challenges list, Carbide and Blockbuster Challenges, and Challenge reset times explained

Blockbuster Challenges, for example, give you a mysterious item for completing every weekly challenge. Get every one in a season, and you'll receive a further reward. What these are are, exactly, are unknown - and we won't know until the end of Season 4 until every challenge can be completed.

Carbide Challenges, meanwhile, have you reach certain Season Levels, with each stage unlocking new parts of a costume.
This one is a little more generous - you simply have to play enough to level up and unlock everything, earning XP as you go. After three of these challenges complete, you'll then receive a Pickaxe.

Blockbuster challenges appear to be a reward for completing an entire week of Battle pass challenges.

Gotcha. When reading it, it made it sound like the faster you complete it etc. Thanks!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
........anyways, back to Fortnite :laugh: For anybody who's not aware, I HIGHLY recommend trying out the new Builder Pro controller layout for console players. Its essentially the same as Combat pro in every aspect other than building. When you press circle, rather than having to cycle through the options, the selections are bound to all your bumper buttons. For example on PS4, a wall is R2, stairs are L2, pyramid is L1, and the flat floor is R1.

I've been using Combat Pro essentially since I starting playing, so it definitely takes a bit to get used to because of muscle memory, but I think it's a great option. AND TURN ON TURBO BUILDING. You don't have to always use it, I dont either, but quick single bases are incredibly quicker to build with turbo and Builder Pro. Its as simple as pressing circle then alternating between holding R2 in a circle and L2 for stairs. In my opinion this is pretty huge, and can be a great help for those learning to build in a pinch.

Im going to requote this for everyone. If you are horrible at building, switch to Builder Pro. It has made my building a Night & Day difference.

Reactions: Pay Carl and TJ21

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Im going to requote this for everyone. If you are horrible at building, switch to Builder Pro. It has made my building a Night & Day difference.

It's incredible, and truly changed the game in my opinion. It seems like the skill level has absoutely shot the roof on console, and its especially apparent in solos. People don't even have to be the best at 1 on 1 combat, but they build and build so easily and just gain the high ground. It's single handedly responsible for a pretty huge increase in consistent top finishes and wins for me. This should absolutely be the new standard.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
It's incredible, and truly changed the game in my opinion. It seems like the skill level has absoutely shot the roof on console, and its especially apparent in solos. People don't even have to be the best at 1 on 1 combat, but they build and build so easily and just gain the high ground. It's single handedly responsible for a pretty huge increase in consistent top finishes and wins for me. This should absolutely be the new standard.
Yep it is. I convinced my friend to change and like you stated, the first 5-10 games are rough because your used to the old ways. Now though, its all muscle memory. One can build a mini fort in half the time. One on One battles are alot easier too.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone else think these new skins are terrible? The male ones are all... bland. And the female ones are super over the top

I got Wick last season so I suppose I'll be staying with that

I just swapped this weekend and I love Builder Pro, it is taking time to get used to. I'm still bad at building but I feel faster

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
In my opinion all the skins are trash except one. The loading screens are pretty sick. That’s about it though.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The skins are okay, they save some of the best for purchase obviously. I like that you unlock pieces for Carbide as you go.

The speed/jump boost pick ups at the meteor crash sites add another dynamic to the game. +1 on builder pro, it took me about a week to get used to it. I sometime forget the double click on the switch. I have my elite controller with two pieces on the paddles and it's crazy fast.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The skins are pretty meh to me as well. The Black Panther tier 100 skin looks sick, the Wonder Woman one looks interesting. The Carbine skin is kind of neat how it unlocks more pieces as you go along.

I also enjoy that they added the feature to use all your emotes instead of having to choose six.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Just played a game where a team of 4 solos teamed up to beat everyone. I was so pissed a quit quickly but I shoulda recorded the game

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm confused as to why there's so many solo players in Squads? Most games I'm playing is coming down to 1v1v1's or something like that.

I benefited today. My squad dropped Haunted and I didn't make it there, and they got killed off quickly. The game ended in a 1v1 which I won and got my first season 4 victory.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'm confused as to why there's so many solo players in Squads? Most games I'm playing is coming down to 1v1v1's or something like that.

I benefited today. My squad dropped Haunted and I didn't make it there, and they got killed off quickly. The game ended in a 1v1 which I won and got my first season 4 victory.
People who find solos too easy and want to get a very high number of kills would be my guess.

I am certainly not one of those people haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->