Proposal: Forsberg to MTL

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
To Habs: Forsberg + Ekholm

To Preds: Romanov + Guhle + Caufield + 2022 3rd( becomes 2nd if either re-sign and a 1st if both re-sign) + cap to balance out

thoughts?
Romanov would help Askarov when he comes over. I think it’s a fair deal for two very good pieces that I will hate to see go but we need to build for future.

Absolutely no chance

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

To Preds: Romanov + Guhle + Caufield + 2022 3rd( becomes 2nd if either re-sign and a 1st if both re-sign) + cap to balance out

thoughts?
Romanov would help Askarov when he comes over. I think it’s a fair deal for two very good pieces that I will hate to see go but we need to build for future.
Lol...
Not because your prospect pool is one of the worst in the NHL that Habs are just going to give away 3 top30 prospect on the NHL for an aging soon to be UFA and a 60/70pts winger

Reactions: HabsAddict

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Forsberg is NOT as valuable as PLD.

Younger. Bigger. Center. Francophone.

Knowing Bbinz history, I seriously doubt Kk is in play. Suzuki and Romanov is completely out of the question. Guhle likely too.

So a combo of 1st plus prospect plus bottom 6....maybe.

I keep pointing out that Bbinz is stingy and low risk taker. If it's not to the other teams liking, fine.
That's okay, I guess the Habs can miss out on this one too.

Reactions: BatVader

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

thoughts?

Really? Did you work hard to come up with this? Really hard?

We give up our entire farm and future for a 30 year old defenseman and a 26 year old winger.

Our future defense is a 30 year old who joins a 33 year old who joins a 35 year old defenseman.

How about......NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lol...
Not because your prospect pool is one of the worst in the NHL that Habs are just going to give away 3 top30 prospect on the NHL for an aging soon to be UFA and a 60/70pts winger

Forgot Kk and Suzuki!!!

All these wannabe GM got trained on NHL2000.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ok, we don't have to trade him. He costs more than Arvidsson and Ekholm, their ask is a 1st + a good prospect or two good prospects. If Montreal doesn't like that they can go after someone else.
Yes, you don't have to. That's ok.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

thoughts?
Im not giving both Romanov and Caufield for that package.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

thoughts?

Ignoring value and cap, that kind of condition on picks are illegal as of this past year.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would love Forsberg off course but I wouldn't pay the price in picks and prospects for both him and Ekholm.

the latter is the biggest need imo and would cost less than Forsberg to acquire. I’d be ready to pay a 1st + Guhle to get him.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I would love Forsberg off course but I wouldn't pay the price in picks and prospects for both him and Ekholm.

the latter is the biggest need imo and would cost less than Forsberg to acquire. I’d be ready to pay a 1st + Guhle to get him.
To me that seems like proper value for Ekholm. I could even see a lesser prospect if there isn't multiple teams in on Ekholm, but that would be a very good trade for Nashville and would be at the high end of what he's worth. I do wonder if Ekholm is on the Habs radar with Edmundson and Chariot both being big bodied LHD. Ekholm is better than both, but then one of these $3+ million dollar dmen become redundant.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
To me that seems like proper value for Ekholm. I could even see a lesser prospect if there isn't multiple teams in on Ekholm, but that would be a very good trade for Nashville and would be at the high end of what he's worth. I do wonder if Ekholm is on the Habs radar with Edmundson and Chariot both being big bodied LHD. Ekholm is better than both, but then one of these $3+ million dollar dmen become redundant.
Agreed. Maybe one of them would be included in the deal as a contract would need to go the other way.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Man I can’t wait to watch the habs in about 3-5 years. With all these untouchable prospects they have they are bound to win 3 or 4 Stanley Cups in a 10 year span

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Man I can’t wait to watch the habs in about 3-5 years. With all these untouchable prospects they have they are bound to win 3 or 4 Stanley Cups in a 10 year span

Their chance are certainly better than Nashville, that’s for sure.

With how good and valuable the Preds players are, you’d think they would be higher in the standing.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Forsberg starts with Suzuki or Kotkaniemi.

Arvidsson and Ekholm can get assets like Guhle or a 1st +.

Haula can be had for a random pick/prospect/throw in.
Arvidsson is not getting a return like that take a look at his last 3 years numbers keep going down. Only first you will get for Ekholm is a late first and B prospect

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I don't think Nashville fans get the value they would prefer with an in-season trade. Much to their chagrin, that structure, in my opinion of course, would be a Blue Chip prospect, a 1st rounder, a conditional 1st rounder if he re-signs, and an average top 6 player or a good young bottom six player. From a Habs pov that would be Caufield/Guhle and it would be a Tatar/Drouin/Lekhonen type. In-Season, I think you can take that across the league and that's the type of value they will see offered. Essentially pick your favourite blue chip prospect and gamble on who you think loses in the 1st round.

Off-Season, I think they can look for a 1 for 1 candidate or less futures type return. Someone will want a change of scenery and from what I can tell, Nashville is always popular destination.

I wonder if we could see something big over the summer between Buffalo and Nashville. Lots of pieces that either want out, or management wants out on both squads in my opinion.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm thinking Nashville fans should just say he's untradeable rather than getting their hopes up for getting the kind of return that no one can find a reasonable comparable for.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm thinking Nashville fans should just say he's untradeable rather than getting their hopes up for getting the kind of return that no one can find a reasonable comparable for.
Oh, we'd love to. But as soon as we do that someone will come up with that Friedman report that listed only Josi and Ellis and Rinne and go "lol hes clearly not untradable lol" and we're right back to having to defend asking prices.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad