Proposal: Forsberg to MTL

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
He's literally 26 and is not even close to the downside of his career. What the hell are you talking about?

Your right, he will be 27 this year. Your still not getting Suzuki for him. Suzuki is cost controlled another for year after this and is the better player today, imo. Forsberg being an elite PPG player is just not true.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The comparable for forseberg are Pacioretty and Stone.

Pacioretty got

Suzuki (who at the time most thought was going to be a 2C, recently drafted 13th overall pick)
Tatar (middle six forward to make the cap work, Vegas was scratching him more often than not)
2nd

Stone got

Brannstrom (high end D prospect)
2nd
Lindberg (who is this, throw in)

Neither returned a current young player who is on track to become at the very least a 1B centre in his second season or a recent 3rd overall pick who in his third season is still in the top 10 youngest players in the league.

BTW both of Patches and Stone came with extensions. I feel like Patches and Foresberg are very similar players interms of what they bring and Stone is the most valuable of the 3 by far.

Caufield could he considered a fair ask based on precedent but not Suzuki, KK, or even Romanov as all 3 are on the roster

Both players came with a contract extension. Forsberg isn’t eligible for one

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Dubois got a struggling 30 goal scorer and a top 6 forward back so...That's fine if Montreal doesn't want to pay the price, but that doesn't change the price.

If he specifically asks for a trade then sure, that would make sense, but that hasn't happened yet.
Dubois is 4 years younger, a centre, and a better player. I like Forsberg a lot but I feel like the offer I made is fair.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dubois is 4 years younger, a centre, and a better player. I like Forsberg a lot but I feel like the offer I made is fair.
Dubois was also mysterious as to whether or not he'd willingly play for the other team he'd trade for because he refused to say why he wanted out. Also folks insisted he didn't produce enough to be a #1C, it was only the one playoff period, Panarin, etc. etc.

Would you like me to trot out all the other reasons why we were told we were going to get massively ripped off? I can remember quite a few of them and can go back to the threads for the rest. If y'all want a 26-year-old elite scoring winger whose team does not want to give him up even in the event of a major rebuild, the price is going to hurt like hell.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Dubois was also mysterious as to whether or not he'd willingly play for the other team he'd trade for because he refused to say why he wanted out. Also folks insisted he didn't produce enough to be a #1C, it was only the one playoff period, Panarin, etc. etc.

Would you like me to trot out all the other reasons why we were told we were going to get massively ripped off? I can remember quite a few of them and can go back to the threads for the rest. If y'all want a 26-year-old elite scoring winger whose team does not want to give him up even in the event of a major rebuild, the price is going to hurt like hell.

The price should indeed hurt but I don t think Forsbergs value is higher than Paciorettys or Stones was if we compared in terms of pick + prospects, especially due to the fact that most contenders (MTL is not one to be clear ;) ) are against the cap, which should limit demand for such players.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
This. Suzuki is definitely not going to be in this deal. Forsberg is a 60 point player, which is very good but he is 30 years old starting the downside of his career. Most teams can't afford to trade for him without salary going back. Id like him on Islanders but we have enough 30 year old, 20-25 goal scorers, who make between 5 - 7 million. This will be interesting to see what he brings in return if traded.

I was wondering why you have only 15 likes i see the reason is you dont have a clue about what your writing.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
then FF at 50 per cent else cap does not even work...

Habs are not ready to contend, why trade futures ?

Cap becomes less of an issue every day. By the TDL, moving a 3-4m contract for him will fit.

As for the Habs being ready or not, that's more debatable. Less about being really confident they can make noise this year and more about knowing Price/Weber/Petry/Gallagher contracts are going to hurt in a few seasons.

Kinda have to go for it now imo.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Cap becomes less of an issue every day. By the TDL, moving a 3-4m contract for him will fit.

As for the Habs being ready or not, that's more debatable. Less about being really confident they can make noise this year and more about knowing Price/Weber/Petry/Gallagher contracts are going to hurt in a few seasons.

Kinda have to go for it now imo.

To contend Habs are missing : a mature 1C, a sniper for the PP, a top line LHD. Getting only forsberg does not make them contenders :s

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The value would be based on what Nashville is willing to accept... and that would likely depend on what they feel their chances are on signing Forsberg in 1.5 years on a reasonable contract.

If they feel their chances are high to extend Forsberg, the Preds would probably be looking for a Suzuki, Kotkaniemi type return.

If they are not confident in their chances of an extension then the OP value is probably close.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The value would be based on what Nashville is willing to accept... and that would likely depend on what they feel their chances are on signing Forsberg in 1.5 years on a reasonable contract.

If they feel their chances are high to extend Forsberg, the Preds would probably be looking for a Suzuki, Kotkaniemi type return.

If they are not confident in their chances of an extension then the OP value is probably close.
Do you have examples of prior players returning that type of player ? I will wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->