Forsberg or Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Feb 7, 2007
Are there any #1 defensemen going to free agency this summer?

Timmonen comes to mind.

do we really need that much of a fix on defense at this point.? part of me thinks yes, but lately i'm starting to think no.. girardi has been solid, rachunek was playing his best hockey of the season before he went down with the knee he's RFA, and i think he'll be resigned.. tyutin was our best d-man all season and has come along way.. mara to me was a steal, i hated the deal at 1st b/c on paper his #'s looked awful but he's been very solid for us.. rosival and malik are signed through next season.. how much fixing can be done with 6 of the 8 d-men locked up for next season.. only liffiton and rachunek are not signed but are RFA.. what we need is a defensive system..

It sure looks like the defense is good when Lundqvist has been great, but when you take a look at the players on defense, are any of them #1 defenseman or even #2 defenseman?, can you say that any of these defensemen is a puck moving defenseman?, No. When two of your defensemen get waived 20 games into the season, you know that the people who put this team together don't know much about the new NHL. I'm not sure the Rangers would benefit from a defensive system, especially when some of the team's best players offensively don't know what defense is. I also think that having a great goalie like Lundqvist gives the team the luxury of having an offensive system without getting burned. By ''offensive system'' I mean a system where defensemen have the most prominent role on the team, that's why I want puck moving defensemen on this team.

McLovin*

Can we please wait until they've played at least 20 NHL games before making such absolute statements?

Sigh. Never change, Rangers fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->