Forsberg off to Turin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Salming said:
We all know how low American hockey players value playing for their national team, but that doesn't mean that other nationalities will feel the same apathy. An apathy that sometimes leads into an aggressive hotel room total makeover, or so I've heard.

However, anyone who has seen Forsberg compete in the playoffs cannot doubt his passion for a SC victory. Worst case scenario: Forsberg re-injures his groins and has to rest 2 weeks. Knowing Forsberg, he might as well get injured from playing NHL 2006 on PS2.

you're joking yourself if you think the concern over that groin is a 2 week rest...

SChan*

The americans would be more interested in the tournament if they had better players.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
SectionX said:
The americans would be more interested in the tournament if they had better players.

Olympics

2002:
Gold - Canada
Silver - USA
Bronze - Russia

1998:
Gold - Czech
Silver - Russia
Bronze - Finland

WC

1st - Canada
2nd - Finland

we lost in Semis... you lost in Quarters.

1st - USA
2nd - Canada

Sweden lost in the Semis.

...and Sweden hasn't placed in the WJC since 1996.

So... by my reckoning, in professional hockey tournaments the US is doing a lot better. Why don't you start winning some stuff (with the best players in the world participating) before you start talking trash?

SChan*

Jester said:
Olympics

2002:
Gold - Canada
Silver - USA
Bronze - Russia

1998:
Gold - Czech
Silver - Russia
Bronze - Finland

WC

1st - Canada
2nd - Finland

we lost in Semis... you lost in Quarters.

1st - USA
2nd - Canada

Sweden lost in the Semis.

So... by my reckoning, in professional hockey tournaments the US is doing a lot better. Why don't you start winning some stuff (with the best players in the world participating) before you start talking trash?

how about living in the present? The americans were a lot better 4 and 8 years ago. I am talking about this tournament.

Can you just stop ***** and moan about Forsberg being in Turin and not troll in every thread I would be happy.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
SectionX said:
how about living in the present? The americans were a lot better 4 and 8 years ago. I am talking about this tournament.

Can you just stop ***** and moan about Forsberg being in Turin and not troll in every thread I would be happy.

how is that flippin trolling? you just took a friggin SHOT at american hockey... when Sweden has NOTHING to show for themselves... last i checked you guys were supposed to be good in 2002 and then lost to Belarus! so i friggin responded to your attack on the US...

oh AND...

MY RESPONSE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FORSBERG!

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Peter will skate a bit on thursday, and try to practice fully on friday. Final decision to be made after that practice. Swedish physician says it's a 50-50 situation.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
SectionX said:

Hey now, that's a bit off topic I think. And don't be so quick to generalize, please. I'm an American, and I absolutely adore hockey. But then again, I have been told that I'm not your "typical American" either. Hmmmmm..... ;)

Now, back to topic, why are there several different threads all devoted to the Peter Forsberg/Flyers/Team Sweden/Olympics issue? In all honesty folks, it's getting difficult for me to keep up with all of them. ;)

I say Pete's a grown man, and I put my trust in him. He knows his body better than anyone else, and if he feels like he's not 100%, I don't think he will suit up for Sweden. I also don't think Pete would do anything to jeopordize the Flyers playoff/Stanley Cup chances. He's just not that type of person OR player. I have always had a lot of respect for Peter and the decisions he has made throughout the years. Like his decision to sit out the 2001 -2002 season (and not get paid for it). He knew he wouldn't be able to perform at his highest level, (and any Foppa fan knows how much Pete hates it when he isn't playing up to par, per se) so he decided to give his body a mini-holiday. Pete know's his limits, he knows his body, and I am putting my trust in him. I say, we should all put our trust in.....The Peter. :bow:

;)

DayWalk3r

YouTube Guru
Sep 13, 2005
Northern Hemisphere
Remy said:
Hey now, that's a bit off topic I think. And don't be so quick to generalize, please. I'm an American, and I absolutely adore hockey. But then again, I have been told that I'm not your "typical American" either. Hmmmmm..... ;)

Now, back to topic, why are there several different threads all devoted to the Peter Forsberg/Flyers/Team Sweden/Olympics issue? In all honesty folks, it's getting difficult for me to keep up with all of them. ;)

I say Pete's a grown man, and I put my trust in him. He knows his body better than anyone else, and if he feels like he's not 100%, I don't think he will suit up for Sweden. I also don't think Pete would do anything to jeopordize the Flyers playoff/Stanley Cup chances. He's just not that type of person OR player. I have always had a lot of respect for Peter and the decisions he has made throughout the years. Like his decision to sit out the 2001 -2002 season (and not get paid for it). He knew he wouldn't be able to perform at his highest level, (and any Foppa fan knows how much Pete hates it when he isn't playing up to par, per se) so he decided to give his body a mini-holiday. Pete know's his limits, he knows his body, and I am putting my trust in him. I say, we should all put our trust in.....The Peter. :bow:

;)

Good post! respect, you will have ;) :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->