Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
SectionX said:
if the flyers fan just could shut up about it. They're *****ing about it everywhere. On NBC, at ESPN, here, at flyer fans messageboards. Everywhere.

I never knew there was so many flyers fans in this world :biglaugh:

maybe this is just a sign how big Forsberg really is :dunno:

Hey, I'm a Flyer fan. :)

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Gags1288 said:
However, if he decides to try to push himself at less than 100 percent and re-injures himself because he came back too soon than I will have a HUGE problem with his decision.
:) i am sure he really cares about you having problem with his decision:) Oh, yeah, i forgot, every player has to be loyal to his NHL team first, and then to his country. Every european player that is:) This is so funny, if a european player decides to play for his country through an injury, it's a big no no, after all his NHL club is paying him big bucks, but when Pronger says that he will play with fracutred foot that makes him a hero. But hey, i can see the point, the less european superstars will play, the better chance Canada and USA have. Oh, wait, USA has no chance!!! :) :) :)

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Vikke said:
Honestly, do you think he should turn down the greatest honor an athlete can be rewarded, just because he MIGHT get injured?
That's some stupid argument.

IMO: winning the Stanley Cup>winning Olympic Gold

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
According to Flyers homepage,

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2451.asp

Peter won't even skate until at the earliest saturday. That probably means that he will have a hard time finding his form in the medal rounds.

On a sidenote, Bobby Clarke is quoting as saying that "we wish him good luck except against the Canadians". I know Bobby Clarke is Canadian, but last time I checked Philadelphia was a US city. :sarcasm:

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
Peter won't even skate until at the earliest saturday.

huh? you're wrong about that.

If I don’t feel good when I start skating Thursday or Friday, I’m not going to play. He knows that, too.â€

He says Thursday or Friday. Not saturday.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
SectionX said:
if the flyers fan just could shut up about it. They're *****ing about it everywhere. On NBC, at ESPN, here, at flyer fans messageboards. Everywhere.

and all i saw was Swedes *****ing about the possibility of him NOT going and how the organization was awful for putting pressure on him not to play. well, now you have him on your team... if he re-aggravates his injury it ruins our season, and it was worth the gamble for you.

and the Flyers are the second most popular team in the US in terms of national TV broadcast... so, yes, there are a lot of us.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
SectionX said:

I post on a music forum, but we have an NHL thread

he wont stop complaining about how "no other pro sports league shuts down for the olympics" "this is ridiculous, players could get injured" "this is a serious problem with the sport" blah blah blah :biglaugh:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SectionX said:
He says Thursday or Friday. Not saturday.

Hmm. I found your quote. But he also says "I won’t skate for five days now and see how it feels", which means Saturday. Looks like he is contradicting himself, but Thursday or Friday makes more sense, so that is probably it.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
flyguy said:

olympic gold is a greater honor, while the cup may be a more personal and sentimental achievement

without a doubt, the cup is harder to get

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Metallian said:
I post on a music forum, but we have an NHL thread

he wont stop complaining about how "no other pro sports league shuts down for the olympics" "this is ridiculous, players could get injured" "this is a serious problem with the sport" blah blah blah :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
Hmm. I found your quote. But he also says "I won’t skate for five days now and see how it feels", which means Saturday. Looks like he is contradicting himself, but Thursday or Friday makes more sense, so that is probably it.

yeah. Seriously, if we have sacrificed Nylander for Forsberg's wait, I seriously hope he is going to play sooner or later.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lindros_for_rizzle_ said:
yeah yeah whatever..typical philly fans...punk...so you´re not happy enough with Nittys, Kapanens rejection, you want all europeans to reject? Only the NA´s can play...whatever...ignorant...*
You guys are being so dense, it's unbelievable. Here's a news flash, most NHL fans don't care very much about the Olympics in comparison to how much they care about their NHL teams.

That being said, I am happy that Niitty, Esche, Gagne, Knuble, and Hatcher are going and do you know why? Because they are all healthy. I'm happy that Johnsson, Handzus, Pitkanen, and Kapanen are not going, do you know why? Because they're not healthy. I really could care less what country they are from because I don't care all that much about the Olympics, I care about the cup. If you're healthy enough to play than the Olympics are a great honor and a great two weeks. But if you're not healthy enough to play, you have to examine where your priorities lie and make a decision (something that Peter will do when he decides whether or not to give it a go).

If Peter comes back early and gets hurt again he's going to receive a rash of negative attention and be greeted in a very negative manner upon his return to Philadelphia, I hope he's prepared for that (doesn't seem as if he even cares).

SChan*

Gags1288 said:
I hope he's prepared for that (doesn't seem as if he even cares).

have you even read what he said on philadelphiaflyers.com :dunno:

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
SectionX said:
have you even read what he said on philadelphiaflyers.com :dunno:
Yes, I read exactly what he said and I also said that if he holds true to that and doesn't even think about playing at less than 100 percent, then i'm ok with it. I don't know whether Sweden wants (pressuring?) him to come over to Turin or he wants to go over, but it's pretty clear that he desperately wants to play in these Olympics (and obviously, that's understandable given that it could be the last legit chance for the Forsberg/Lidstrom/Sundin group). I also hope in going over, he's not jeopardizing his rehab process.

I want what's best for the health of Peter Forsberg, not what is best for team Sweden or even what Peter Forsberg wants and that's obviously the selfish Flyers fan in me.

Hockey_Nut99

No offence to any Europeans on this board, but isn't that pathetic?

I think Euros want an Olympic Gold more than a cup. I would NEVER want a Euro being a main player/captain on my team.

Look it up. No Euro captain has ever won a cup, even though Euros were not in the NHL for a llong time.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Hockey_Nut99 said:
No offence to any Europeans on this board, but isn't that pathetic?

I think Euros want an Olympic Gold more than a cup. I would NEVER want a Euro being a main player/captain on my team.

Look it up. No Euro captain has ever won a cup, even though Euros were not in the NHL for a llong time.

And what's wrong with wanting Olympic Gold more than a cup? Being selected to the national team is a honor for the players no matter where they're from, the tournament is held only once each 4 years and that way you wont get many shots at it during your entire career. Compare that to NHL where you pretty much have no previous ties to the team that drafts you, and then later hires you to that team where you get the chance to win that each and every year.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there'd be an European captain taking the cup this year, meaning Daniel Alfredsson. And I seriously doubt that you're alone when saying that you wouldn't want a guy like him in your team.

Rover*

I give forsberg props for this show he's putting on...should help to maintain his godlike status in sweden. :sarcasm:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Hopefully, this will encourage Norstrom to do the same thing. Mattius said yesterday that he would take a day or two to decide if he felt good enough (post-concussion symptoms) to go to Turin. If Forsberg is considering compromising and skipping the first two games, then perhaps Norstrom will consider the same.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
flyguy said:
That's YOUR opinion. Forsberg's opinion might be completely different. IMO, Olympic >>>>>>>>>> Stanley Cup and country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> foreign club.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Canuck21t said:
That's YOUR opinion. Forsberg's opinion might be completely different. IMO, Olympic >>>>>>>>>> Stanley Cup and country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> foreign club.

Yes i know thats my opinion. Hence the "IMO". From your name you seem to be a Canuck fan and also appear to be from Canada. Are you telling me, as a fan, you would want a Canadian gold (which they've gotten many times before) over a Canucks Stanley Cup Championship(which has never happened)? Well me as a fan, I'd rather see a healthy Flyers team in the playoffs, than risk it for an Olympic medal for Sweden (and no i am not affiliated with Sweden in any way). But since I am American, and if say Mike Knuble (even though his contributions don't even come close to Forsberg) was in a similar situation, as a Flyers fan first, i would want him to sit the Olympics out too. Sure you may call me a selfish fan, but thats just where my loyalty lies.

Salming

Mar 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
We all know how low American hockey players value playing for their national team, but that doesn't mean that other nationalities will feel the same apathy. An apathy that sometimes leads into an aggressive hotel room total makeover, or so I've heard.

However, anyone who has seen Forsberg compete in the playoffs cannot doubt his passion for a SC victory. Worst case scenario: Forsberg re-injures his groins and has to rest 2 weeks. Knowing Forsberg, he might as well get injured from playing NHL 2006 on PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad