Forsberg does no rule out return to Denver but will a Hard Cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I've got a qeustion...recently on TSN, Healy mentioned that the players were giving up 24% of their payroll. Did he intend to say that rollback was still being offered to the NHL? Check the hockey insiders A/V on TSN.ca/nhl...the top one with Glen saying the players have given up 24%.

If that's the case, I wonder if someone else can confirm if this roll back is still be tabled by the NHLPA. It would be good news for the colorados, detroits, ottawas, st. louis' of the league.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ernie said:
Alarmist pro-PA doomsaying?

The stated goal of the salary cap, as pushed by the owners, is to increase the competitive balance. If that doesn't force the Avs, one of the worst offenders, to give up some of their stars, then obviously it isn't working.
The whole point of this new system is that every team gets to keep it's star players and not have to move them for financial reasons. So no, I think it would be an idicator that it is working. If Colorado were able to add, say... Palffy and Pronger to their lineup you might have a point.

Hoss

Feb 21, 2005
norrisnick said:
The whole point of this new system is that every team gets to keep it's star players and not have to move them for financial reasons. So no, I think it would be an idicator that it is working. If Colorado were able to add, say... Palffy and Pronger to their lineup you might have a point.
The whole point of the system is to bring in a cap low enough for the financially challenged teams to hold onto thier star players. Colorado is going to have to cut deep or ask for big concessions from thier players to field a team that looks like 2003.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hoss said:
The whole point of the system is to bring in a cap low enough for the financially challenged teams to hold onto thier star players. Colorado is going to have to cut deep or ask for big concessions from thier players to field a team that looks like 2003.
So how does that apply to the Rag$ raiding the middle of our line up every year?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Hasbro said:
So how does that apply to the Rag$ raiding the middle of our line up every year?
i think thats all part of it. the avs have had to make choices in the past, keep your depth or keep your stars. this is just going to make everyone else make those same decisions. it will hurt the avs at first maybe - but its only a matter of time till their at a point to do it back to someone else. it all evens out in the end. imagine the rangers not being able to keep jessiman or someone like that because of cap space and the avs snapping him up. i think with a hard cap system - what comes around goes around. the avs will always be an attractive place for free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad