Forsberg and Lidstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
BAuldie said:
Forsberg needs surgery.. swedish TV is sooo reliable.

You're right. TV3 isn't that reliable. Sounds nice with Lidström though, and I think he'll come, even though our defense isn't any concern. But he could fire up the PP, a role Dick Tärnström fully hasn't manage to fill.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
uh? it's done. Ass coach Ulf Dahlén has even confirmed it.
- I am not at all surprised that Peter is coming, he likes to compete in the World Championships.

Both will be ready to take on the Czech Republic or USA on Saturday :)

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Forsberg won't help, even if he does come. He did NOTHING in game 6, and looked EXTREMELY hurt. You would be better off without adding an injured player who hasn't played with his team for an elimination game.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Forsberg wouldn't come if he wouldn't think he could contribute. An injured Forsberg at 60% is probably better than most of the players in this tournament.
Well, that is my opinion and hope of course.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Yeah, just saw it was confirmed. Was a little surprised.

Predatore said:
Forsberg wouldn't come if he wouldn't think he could contribute. An injured Forsberg at 60% is probably better than most of the players in this tournament.

Yeah, he is a superstar. Alfredsson - Forsberg - Sjöström? Can't wait.

SChan*

Forsberg is scheduled to do his surgery in 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SantaCruZer said:
Forsberg has postponed his surgery! Yay Sweden are going for gold!

Now this is interesting. Would the Avalanche allow Forsberg to postpone his surgery if he would stay with them the next season?

He's still technicly under contract, right?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:

While a Forsberg at 60% is better than many players (and probably some on the Swedish Roster), getting him to click, and NEED to click, at 60%, in his first game is asking for trouble, IMHO. He really didn't look good in game 6 last night, and I doubt it's much better on Saturday.

SChan*

Sorry RIDDARN wrong information from me. Forsberg HAS NOT POSTPONED HIS SURGERY. It's just that he is scheduled to do it in 2 weeks, so he has time to play 1-2 games before it.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I feel sorry for the Swedish player's who've gotten their team to a guaranteed medal game (final or bronze match), now here come Foppa and Lidström to steal their thunder and be celebrated as heroes if they come home with gold..

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Raimo Sillanpää said:
I feel sorry for the Swedish player's who've gotten their team to a guaranteed medal game (final or bronze match), now here come Foppa and Lidström to steal their thunder and be celebrated as heroes if they come home with gold..

I agree, I'm not a fan of players entering the tournament this late. Not even if it's Forsberg and Lidström. I honestly don't think it's fair to the other players who got this far without the help from Forsberg. But I will still do this when we win the gold.. :banana:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Seiza said:
I agree, I'm not a fan of players entering the tournament this late. Not even if it's Forsberg and Lidström. I honestly don't think it's fair to the other players who got this far without the help from Forsberg. But I will still do this when we win the gold.. :banana:

Andreas Johansson has injured his shoulder which opens up a spot for Forsberg. But yeah, it's not really fair.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I agree, but on the other hand I also realise that no other country would not hesitate a minute to add two skilled players like Lidström and Forsberg to their line-up in the World Championships.. even this late in the tournament. It's also more than hockey to is. It's great PR, for Sweden and for the tournament as whole, especially now when quite a few Czech superstars are out of the tournament.

Looking forward to the USA game, I think it will be tighter than in the group stage where Sweden was quite clearly the better team. In Lundqvist we trust :)

SChan*

umm what's up with you people? Finland was adding Selanne, and the checkz was adding Hejduk. The Americans will most likley add a player too.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Anytime you can add Forsberg and Lidstrom, you do it...Forsberg's commitment to his country is unquestionable...he has answered the call time and again...not to mention it's almost guaranteed he'll play for MoDo next year.

But, if the injury situation is true, why did Sweden not get Mats Sundin to play? He was the best player in the tournament last year, and he only came over after the first round of playoffs were over. I've heard nothing here in Toronto about Sundin being asked to play and refusing to play or anything like that. Although Sundin is injured as well, he was an absolute beast in the playoffs.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Forsberg has said he is not bothered with his injury during game time. It's when he is "cold"/ training.. that it hurts.

Sundin on the other hand could not play because of his injury, I believe.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
SantaCruZer said:
umm what's up with you people? Finland was adding Selanne, and the checkz was adding Hejduk. The Americans will most likley add a player too.

Yeah, there's one roster spot. I wouldn't mind seeing an elite defenseman such as Schneider or a forward like Konowalchuk make the trip over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad