OT: Former Pred Talk

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hopefully he keeps it up for you for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Once he goes cold he goes really cold and he has never been good in the playoffs.
How many of our forwards have actually been good in the playoffs though? I don't see any reason why he couldn't produce in the postseason, he just hasn't yet.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
In 45 post-season games starting in 16-17, Forsberg has 39 points. Joey has 42 points in 51 playoff games with the Preds.
Those would be the ones that come to mind. I guess it's hard to really assess any others at this point since they've all pretty much changed. Arvy being the exception (Sisssons and Jarnkrok not really expected to produce much in those circumstances).

Last edited:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Those would be the ones that come to mind. I guess it's hard to really assess any others at this point since they've all pretty much changed. Arvy being 99th exception (Sisssons and Jarnkrok not really expected to produce much in those circumstances).

To be fair I think those two are the only two who have actually performed in the playoffs. Turris, Smith, Jarnrkok, Granlund, etc, never did.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Those would be the ones that come to mind. I guess it's hard to really assess any others at this point since they've all pretty much changed. Arvy being 99th exception (Sisssons and Jarnkrok not really expected to produce much in those circumstances).
Yeah but even Jarnkrok had the good series in the sweep of Chicago, I can't recall Smith ever doing anything.

Jul 12, 2007
Simmonds seems to have been rejuvenated in Toronto.
Lol, all they probably did was tell him “play the game you’ve been playing for 10 years”.
Instead of his Preds directions - “don’t be doing any of that tough guy stuff here” “we have a system and no one strays from it”.

Reactions: triggrman
Jul 12, 2007
Lol, how does an AGM get fired by himself, and not as part of a house cleaning ? Did he forget to order nachos for the concession stands ?

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It’s funny, look up the NHL team values.
A few original 6 are worth ~ 1.5 billion ...... Coyotes are worth like 300 mil. Fairly pitiful.

What is the Preds value? I remember back in the 04-05 lockout the Ducks sold for $85 million which I thought was ridiculously cheap

Jul 12, 2007
Most teams are in the ~ 500 million range, including Preds. Some over a billion, some down at 3-400 million.
Which is still sort of shocking, as NFL NBA MLB teams are all worth a lot more.

Hockey must just be such a smaller fan base, smaller operations, smaller niche for swag and memorabilia.

I guess if you’re a poor boy with only one billion and not 10-20-50 billion, and you crave owning a big league team, you go with hockey.

Jul 12, 2007
If I had Bezos, Zuckerberg, Buffet money, I’d own a team in every major league. Would be great.
Leafs owner basically does this in Canada; he owns the top Canadian team in each sport.

Jul 12, 2007
I thought the teachers union owned the Leafs.
I always get a guy named Larry Tannenbaum. He also owns the Raptors, Toronto FC, Argonauts, etc.
Guess he somehow missed out on the Jays, lol.
It’s possible that the union owns a piece, this guy may just own the controlling share.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad