News Article: Former Penguin Kevin Stevens facing federal drug charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I know he’s been battling this for years but It sucks to see a back slide like this and not a new one... but yet another criminal victim to this horrible crisis. I know not all of us are from Western Pa, Northern Pan Handle, or Ohio Valley/Eastern Ohio but everyone that is has been hit by this crisis a dozen times over personally.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I was going to post that he makes for a horrible drug-dealer, and then I looked him up and see that he still seems to be doing well. Good on him. Addiction is a bitch.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I was reading this huge expose the LA Times did on how Purdue really cherry-picked the data to get it FDA approved and then has been basically creating the epidemic all on their own because Oxy doesn't really work well as a painkiller for most people and certainly not at as it's advertised (12 hour dosage)- instead it basically just creates opioid addicts.

'You want a description of hell?' OxyContin's 12-hour problem #InvestigatingOxy

It's really awful.

A really well done 2 part article by my hometown paper.

A friend was on the Kevin Stevens Podcast a few months ago and said he seemed to be doing well. Sad to hear about this

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I know he’s been battling this for years but It sucks to see a back slide like this and not a new one... but yet another criminal victim to this horrible crisis. I know not all of us are from Western Pa, Northern Pan Handle, or Ohio Valley/Eastern Ohio but everyone that is has been hit by this crisis a dozen times over personally.

A really well done 2 part article by my hometown paper.

A friend was on the Kevin Stevens Podcast a few months ago and said he seemed to be doing well. Sad to hear about this

This isn't a new backslide for him. This thread was from two years ago, which, for some reason, someone decided to post to out of nowhere. The most recent news of any sort was the official sentencing from over a year ago, and even that wasn't a case of him backsliding, but rather just the result of the court case finally coming to a conclusion.

There have been no recent reports of any trouble for Stevens.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, maybe the title should be updated with like "(old)" added at the end or something? Says the non-mod suggesting mod-things.

I think we should just close the thread.

The thread was bumped because someone was asking if he was going to return as a scout this season. He is listed on the team's website as a 'Special Assignment Scout' along with Meloche, so there's the answer. I will now acquiesce to your requests and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad