Former OHL Arenas: A History Built by Community

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
Also feel free to reply any other arenas you would like to hear about! Part Two will be in the works with some requests!

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Found your article very interesting and informative. Question, do the stars on the SSM jersey have any significance. I've asked some of their fans but they didn't know. Thanks.

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
Found your article very interesting and informative. Question, do the stars on the SSM jersey have any significance. I've asked some of their fans but they didn't know. Thanks.

With a bit of looking, I have come up with at least a decent inference as to why there are four stars on the Greyhounds jerseys. I believe its a nod to their original history when they played in the Northern Ontario Hockey Association Senior "A" division, where they won the Senior A championship in 1921, 1923, 1924 and 1925, a total of 4 times.

Reactions: soo hound girl

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
With a bit of looking, I have come up with at least a decent inference as to why there are four stars on the Greyhounds jerseys. I believe its a nod to their original history when they played in the Northern Ontario Hockey Association Senior "A" division, where they won the Senior A championship in 1921, 1923, 1924 and 1925, a total of 4 times.

Thanks for the info.

I also found this recent article on the "Wolf" in Sudbury which fans might find of interest.
The Stuffed Wolf: A Howling Good Time – Sudbury Wolves

Reactions: GensLensBrandon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad