Former NHLer Tedenby - Filthy Shootout Goal

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Would that not fly in the NHL? He does hit the puck backwards, so the puck doesn't maintain a forward motion.

I think it was still moving forwards- his speed plus the pull forward right before he pops it up > momentum backwards from chip. I think.

either way, that was f***ing insane. Goal of the year. Dunk of the year. Wheaties box. Olympic gold. Give that man all of it, that was that f***ing sick.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I watched him during the World Juniors in Regina and Saskatoon. I honestly thought he was going to be a superstar in the show. I was so wrong about his NHL potential.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Can't think of a better word than filthy to describe that. Props OP on the title

On an unrelated note - holy advertisements... that goal was so sick but no matter how many times I watch it, I can't stop thinking about the barf on those jerseys/helmets/boards/face-off circles!

No chance I could ever watch a game from that league. I can barely get through that highlight real goal

It's either that or the 5 minute commercial breaks after every whistle like they have in the NHL.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I watched him during the World Juniors in Regina and Saskatoon. I honestly thought he was going to be a superstar in the show. I was so wrong about his NHL potential.
Tedenby was trying to crack the NHL when the trend was to be big and heavy. When the Pens won back 2 back with speed, it pushed that as the new trend and has stuck since, if Tedenby were to enter the league right now, he's still just 29 btw, he would probably have a better go of it.

He could still come back and try I think and stick with a team but his numbers in the SHL and in Davos aren't exactly eye popping.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
Tedenby was trying to crack the NHL when the trend was to be big and heavy. When the Pens won back 2 back with speed, it pushed that as the new trend and has stuck since, if Tedenby were to enter the league right now, he's still just 29 btw, he would probably have a better go of it.

He could still come back and try I think and stick with a team but his numbers in the SHL and in Davos aren't exactly eye popping.

It is funny, you brought that up because I was telling a coworker about Tedenby a couple weeks ago and said he was a guy that would have been a top 6 guy in todays NHL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It is funny, you brought that up because I was telling a coworker about Tedenby a couple weeks ago and said he was a guy that would have been a top 6 guy in todays NHL
I think he would be on a weaker team's top 6, like the Devils (funny enough), but that's about as far as I would go about his top 6 potential. But he could have been a productive player in the league, he had a lot of speed and would have fit today's NHL perfectly, especially on a team that is about Speed, He would probably really thrive in the East I think.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I think he would be on a weaker team's top 6, like the Devils (funny enough), but that's about as far as I would go about his top 6 potential. But he could have been a productive player in the league, he had a lot of speed and would have fit today's NHL perfectly, especially on a team that is about Speed, He would probably really thrive in the East I think.

Have you watched him in Sweden or Switzerland? If so, what is his game like now?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have you watched him in Sweden or Switzerland? If so, what is his game like now?
I haven't seen him since he was with the Devils, always thought he could be better than he was, but being a fan of fellow fast skaters, I haven't kept up with him outside of seeing him just by proxy of trying to see Pens prospects overseas, going by his stats though, he seems to just be a solid top 6 player on his teams, not really the by and far top player on his teams.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I haven't seen him since he was with the Devils, always thought he could be better than he was, but being a fan of fellow fast skaters, I haven't kept up with him outside of seeing him just by proxy of trying to see Pens prospects overseas, going by his stats though, he seems to just be a solid top 6 player on his teams, not really the by and far top player on his teams.

I have to admit I assumed you were from Europe from your avatar.....My bad.

I agree though I think he could have been good now just born 5 years too early

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have to admit I assumed you were from Europe from your avatar.....My bad.

I agree though I think he could have been good now just born 5 years too early
UK/US, now living in Canada.

Europe, only when I travel, but getting games isn't too hard, just the time difference doesn't really work out often enough.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

When he played in Sweden he always looked like the best player on the ice. Probably had the puck on his stick more than any other player in the league. Unfortunately his game is all flash, no substance.

Reactions: JBeast

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
It's either that or the 5 minute commercial breaks after every whistle like they have in the NHL.
Wut? NHL has 90 second commercial breaks, 3 times per period. That's not even 5 total minutes for a whole period.

There are a total of 13.5 minutes of commercials throughout an entire NHL game.

The ads plastered all over those uniforms and ice surface are vomit inducing. And I'd be shocked if they didn't also have at least 13.5 minutes worth of commercials on top of that

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wut? NHL has 90 second commercial breaks, 3 times per period. That's not even 5 total minutes for a whole period.

There are a total of 13.5 minutes of commercials throughout an entire NHL game.

The ads plastered all over those uniforms and ice surface are vomit inducing. And I'd be shocked if they didn't also have at least 13.5 minutes worth of commercials on top of that

Highly doubt that. NHL TV-timeouts are 2 minutes long btw (I admit I exagerated a bit). That's 6 minutes/period right there, 18 minutes in total during game time. In Sweden we have one 60 second break per period, 3 minutes in total during game time. Probably something similar in Switzerland. I'd say that's a pretty huge difference. Commercial breaks during NHL intermissions is another nightmare and I haven't even mentioned all the third period offsides etc. that are brought to us by Geico.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Highly doubt that. NHL TV-timeouts are 2 minutes long btw (I admit I exagerated a bit). That's 6 minutes/period right there, 18 minutes in total during game time. In Sweden we have one 60 second break per period, 3 minutes in total during game time. Probably something similar in Switzerland. I'd say that's a pretty huge difference. Commercial breaks during NHL intermissions is another nightmare and I haven't even mentioned all the third period offsides etc. that are brought to us by Geico.
Bolded is false. I don't watch games live. I record them so I can fast forward through commercials. I have a 30 second button on my remote. I click that button 3 times, and never see a single second of an ad.

Based on that, I don't know whether or not to believe you about only a single 60 second break per period. If true, obviously that's better.

Agree with you about the "offsides brought to you by Geico" though. That is just as annoying as the crap plastered all over the ice/uniform's in OP's video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad