News Article: Former NHL GM on Vegas "Problem" + Should Knights Go for...Erik Karlsson?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If that's what it takes to get a rental Karlsson, I'm fine without him.

As a matter of fact, I don't think I make a move at all. Keep the team together without mortgaging the future, I think they can maintain a pace that will get them (and potentially let them coast in) to the playoffs. The cost of the first rounders you could have gotten for a few guys (from a playoff team that's picking in the last half of the draft, mind you) isn't too much for me to keep the crew together for a playoff run, IMO.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
As an Ottawa fan, Vegas doesn’t have the future assets.

Ottawa would be rebuilding if moving Karlsson. Would Vegas really move Glass + Suzuki or Brannstrom (or even both) and if only one of the aforementioned, a 1st and 2nd rounder bare minimum?

I don’t think so. Only way I would even entertain that idea is if Karlsson is moved during the summer and it’s a sign and trade.

The trade doesn’t make sense for Vegas outside of the marketing potential. Their top prospect after that trade would be....uhhhh.....I don’t even know? Scrub McScrubee?

Last edited:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I really don't see this team making a big move. The team wants to retain and develop its draft picks. GMGM wants to have a good mixture of veterans and youth. Adding an asset such as a Erik Karlsson would be too disruptive to the future of this team.

If this team is still in play-off contention by trade dateline, I hope the team will do the smart thing: nothing. No big trades or mortgaging the future by relinquishing future draft picks for any veteran. Although, if the price is right, .... :naughty:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
The whole team that Vegas used to study players has been brilliant.

If McPhee thinks this is the right move, I would buy it 100%, even though currently I think it would be the wrong move.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00