The Star: Former Leaf And HHOF Member Marcel Pronovost, R.I.P.

CalgaryLeaf*

I grew up in Windsor and used to walk by his house on the way to school as a young boy.

RIP Marcel

1967:yo:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He was another of the Leafs great defencemen from the 50's and 60's and played on a number of the Stanley Cups winners of that era, a very solid defenceman as I remember.

Condolences to his friends and family.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Paired with Larry Hillman, Marcel Pronovost was an absolute rock on the '67 cup winning team. I read someplace that they didn't surrender any even strength goals in the series wins over Chicago and Montreal that spring. Back then, most teams went with 4 defensemen and so they basically were on the ice for half the game. Impressive.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Paired with Larry Hillman, Marcel Pronovost was an absolute rock on the '67 cup winning team. I read someplace that they didn't surrender any even strength goals in the series wins over Chicago and Montreal that spring. Back then, most teams went with 4 defensemen and so they basically were on the ice for half the game. Impressive.

Per Wiki, they were on the ice for one ES goal during the playoffs. He also scored a SHG in game 5.

RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad