Kings Article: Former LA Kings Grinder Laperriere Still Dealing With Health Issues Three Years Later

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Just to point out an error, Lapierriere played 595 regular season games for the Kings, not 304.

Great story, glad to hear about some of the heroes of the dark days, the guys that made being a Kings fan worthwhile back then. It's terrible to think he's going to have some issues likely for the rest of his life, but he's got a great attitude about it.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Just to point out an error, Lapierriere played 595 regular season games for the Kings, not 304.

Great story, glad to hear about some of the heroes of the dark days, the guys that made being a Kings fan worthwhile back then. It's terrible to think he's going to have some issues likely for the rest of his life, but he's got a great attitude about it.

The victim of small print! Frank St. Marseille, who is 40th on the Kings all-time scoring list played in 304 games. Laperriere is 41st, and of course, they're listed one above the other, so...

Thanks for catching that.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
God, I just wish he had worn a shield and this could've been prevented. It just sucks that he has to go through this now.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The victim of small print! Frank St. Marseille, who is 40th on the Kings all-time scoring list played in 304 games. Laperriere is 41st, and of course, they're listed one above the other, so...

Thanks for catching that.

There's only 40 players to score more points as a King than Lappy?

I love Lappy, but damn..... That stings.

Reactions: Fixxer

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
During the ceremony I could not help but see the angst on Lappy's wife face. I'm sure it has been tough on her too.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Lappy, you're not just my all time favorite king, but my all time favorite hockey player. I always wished you'd retire as a king.

In regards to your health issue, you may want to look into brainwave optimization. It seems to be helping Kurt Sauer.

Get well Buddy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad