Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Jon Scott got wet and cold recently

Ex-NHLer John Scott Recalls Near-Death Experience After Falling into Frozen Lake

Former NHL enforcer John Scott was never one to shy away from a challenge on the ice, but the 36-year-old nearly met his match while going outside for a skate recently.
In an interview with The Athletic's Chris Kuc, Scott recounted how he nearly died when he fell through the ice on Cedar Lake in Traverse City, Michigan.
He said he headed down to the lake in order to clear off a patch of ice for skating. The ice cracked as soon as he stepped on to it, and he went into the water below.

Jul 6, 2016
Here is a funny one, Darren Dietz is currently 1st among dmen and 7th overall in KHL scoring with 12 g and 45 points in 48 games.

KHL is a "strong" league for sure. Nigel Dawes who is 37-38 years old is among the best in points too.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Galchenyuk now at 0.70 ppg. catching up to Domis 0.80 ppg after a slow start for Galchenyuk.

I still think the trade is good for us tho. Galchenyuk had no future here because of MB and Julien and Domi made me eat crow.
Grant McCagg -Galchenyuk has gone from 1st-line C to tenth most ice time among ARI fwds last night. Only 1 fwd had less ES TOI. Yet another coach is wrong!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Scherbak with zero pts in his first three games back in the AHL.

His season stats now read:
NHL- 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists
AHL- 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists​

Reactions: tazsub3

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Scherbak with zero pts in his first three games back in the AHL.

His season stats now read:
NHL- 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists
AHL- 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists​
Pretty much a lost season at this point. Hope for him that things can turn around in the second half.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm just now listening to Dale Weise getting interviewed during a half-hour podcast. He's really entertaining and witty and has some great anecdotes.

If you want to tackle it: Snow the Goalie: A Flyers Podcast . Once there, just scroll down to the blurb titled "In The Last Week I've Heard Way Worse" with Flyers Forward Dale Weise and hit the "play" green prompt. The podcast lasts almost one hour, however, you only need to listen up to 34:50 which is when the Weise interview ends. The rest is just ad libbing by the podcast hosts and is a total waste of time.

He mentions the one about a guy drinking out of his prosthetic leg and another story involving Sean Avery. He also provides very honest answers about fellow teammates and how hockey players compare to other pro sports, how dishonest most hockey players are when it comes to their consumption of social media. Says too many hockey players are too cliche, too much by the book.

At one point he's asked about what he watches on Netflix and he talks about how during his time in Montreal he became acquainted with the story behind Bad Blood.

Weise is a great interview subject. His answers just flow, there is no hesitation and he knows how to spin a good story.

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Grant McCagg -Galchenyuk has gone from 1st-line C to tenth most ice time among ARI fwds last night. Only 1 fwd had less ES TOI. Yet another coach is wrong!

Galcheynuk's stats are actually not bad at all this year, but for some reason or another he always leaves you wanting more. By not bad, I mean he's on pace for 55ish points which would be close to a career high for him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Always thought Dietz didn’t had a real chance. At one point I was high on him and the organization to. He had his chance when we had a AHL tandem goalie and a AHL defensive groupe and he didn’t did that bad he had 5 pts in 13 games. If I’m a team with a lack of RD I think I would at least give him a tryout

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Galcheynuk's stats are actually not bad at all this year, but for some reason or another he always leaves you wanting more. By not bad, I mean he's on pace for 55ish points which would be close to a career high for him.

Second highest scorer on the team behind keller and he has missed time.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Always thought Dietz didn’t had a real chance. At one point I was high on him and the organization to. He had his chance when we had a AHL tandem goalie and a AHL defensive groupe and he didn’t did that bad he had 5 pts in 13 games. If I’m a team with a lack of RD I think I would at least give him a tryout
I liked him too, he had a decent wristshot and some grit. Could have panned out if he didn't get Sly'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->