Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They think they already have enough depth in their organization at the goaltending position. There's only so much room for goalies within an organization.

Maybe but the idea is to keep the best. If they think Rodrigue is better than Hawkey, says a lot about the Oilers organization.

We should get him back. And move one of Lindgren and McNiven.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe but the idea is to keep the best. If they think Rodrigue is better than Hawkey, says a lot about the Oilers organization.

We should get him back. And move one of Lindgren and McNiven.
I have no clue who the prospects they're referring too...so i'm guessing this essentially makes Hawkey a free agent?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I have no clue who the prospects they're referring too...so i'm guessing this essentially makes Hawkey a free agent?

That's what I think. But it won't be long till he signs somewhere. Not expecting it will be with us. But would have been neat...we keep him AND we added a 5th rounder...lol

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Not till August 15th, he's in the same boat as Koberstein but just much better at hockey.

I don't get it, he's coming off a career year and was one of the best goalies in the NCAA again this year. He was a workhorse as only one goalie in the NCAA played more then him. He was 4th in gaa for goalies with more then 27 games played and 2 of 3 in front of him played in the considerably weaker WCHA conference and the other goalie was on the team that won the National Championship (in back to back years).

I've always liked him a lot, he's clearly not as good as Primeau who is miles ahead of him if you compare them by their age 18 and 19 seasons as Hawkey was in his age 23 season this year. That said he has the size, plays a solid technical game but has had problems with inconsistency. When he gets hot look out. I got to think some team will take a flyer on him.

Jul 6, 2016
They think they already have enough depth in their organization at the goaltending position. There's only so much room for goalies within an organization.

Maybe Habs should get Hawkey back in the org ?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Maybe Habs should get Hawkey back in the org ?

Not sure if there is much of a point. Assume CP and Lindgren are our starter and backup on the big club.

Primeau and McNiven fight for starter/backup in the AHL.

I can’t imagine Hawkey being interested in a 3rd string role, assuming he gets other offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad