Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

WOW! must like playing in the KHL. Always thought he was a decent player,had some nastiness to his game and would drop the gloves. Thought they abandoned him to early really. Maybe he should have got an invite for the IIHF from his homeland.Looks like Team Canada looks merely at NHL players.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You mean Sven not considered a success with colorado?? and Nikita not a star we let go??

I don’t know if you should be making fun of Sven or the Habs scouting team here.

Andrighetto is our 3rd most productive player drafted behind Galchenyuk and Gallagher between 2008-2015.

I can even stretch it and say from 2008-2017 since Sergachev and Kotkaniemi haven’t surpassed him yet.

So looking at our pathetic track record at drafting for almost a decade and the fact that he was a 3rd round pick, I have to say that Sven Andrighetto was a “success”.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I don’t know if you should be making fun of Sven or the Habs scouting team here.

Andrighetto is our 3rd most productive player drafted behind Galchenyuk and Gallagher between 2008-2015.

I can even stretch it and say from 2008-2017 since Sergachev and Kotkaniemi haven’t surpassed him yet.

So looking at our pathetic track record at drafting for almost a decade and the fact that he was a 3rd round pick, I have to say that Sven Andrighetto was a “success”.
Valid point, but in this occasions was making fun of the ones (myself included) that thought he will become a great player once traded.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't think that trading Andrighetto was what people were unhappy with. It was the return (Martinsen) that really bothered people.

Ya Martinesen sucked, but people really did think Sven was going to be a top 6er, especially after he had that little hot streak when he was traded.

In reality not much more you could really get for a guy who isn't an NHLer.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I don't think that trading Andrighetto was what people were unhappy with. It was the return (Martinsen) that really bothered people.
True he could’ve tried to rip someone off and got something better. Or maybe he couldn’t. It doesn’t look like Ghetto will be in the league anymore, so that tells me there’s no market for him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
True he could’ve tried to rip someone off and got something better. Or maybe he couldn’t. It doesn’t look like Ghetto will be in the league anymore, so that tells me there’s no market for him.

I agree. And if you look at it with perspective, earlier that year, Andrighetto was put on waivers and he cleared. So it wasn't surprising to see he couldn't bring in someone better than Martinsen. But at that moment, it was the reason most weren't happy with the trade.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He was and is light years better than the return Bergevin got for him

What would you have traded him for? Perhaps it was more of responding to a request to try to spark his career elsewhere, since it wasn’t working in MTL.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What would you have traded him for? Perhaps it was more of responding to a request to try to spark his career elsewhere, since it wasn’t working in MTL.
I would not have traded Andrighetto for Martinsen. I was agreeing with you

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I would not have traded Andrighetto for Martinsen. I was agreeing with you

Can’t be .... I view it as no big loss. Would I prefer a better deal? Of course. Was there a better deal to be had? We’ll never know. Was he trying to let Andrighetto have another shot with a rebuilding team? Quite likely.

Reactions: Vachon23

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
We can't forget that Ghetto had cleared waivers at the start of the season too.
no one wanted him for free. but the idiot Mb how the heck he did not get a 1st for him at the deadline and received a useless player in return

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The issue in the Andrighetto trade was the ethos more than the assets, especially when combined with Ott (who wasn’t bad) and King (who was historically bad).

And yes, SA was likely overvalued by many fans. Prospects who show some flash will always get a long leash. I remember Gil Dionne mania and Kjell Dahlin fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad