Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The most physical Habs defenceman of the last 20 years imo.

I miss having a dman like him in the lineup, he was intimidating just because of that, and drove the others nuts, owned Lucic a couple times and damn I loved it when he destroyed Colborne and then just basically shoved Iginla aside right after that... I could see Guhle become a heavy hitter like Emelin was, but even then he was on another level in that department (hopefully Guhle develops more than that, of course)

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Wish him the best and I sure hope no one is using this horrible situation for a hockey advantage as the message infers

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Hard to believe this happened 19 years ago today. Such a great moment in Habs history and one I'll never forget watching.

That clip encapsulates why I LOVE being a Montreal Canadiens fan; we are the most loving, caring, ridiculously bipolar fans in hockey...

I must, however, add that #11 not hanging in the rafters is a f***ing shame and is a huge stain on this Organization, imo...that man was the Heart & Soul of this team for 13 years...he was truly a Montreal Canadiens great and no one deserves the recognition more than Saku...

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Here's hoping Emelin takes care of this the way he took car of these guys:

What a beast, he could just lean into those hits at just the right time to make it so heavy and brutal, he was a pure hit artist, sadly not so great at much else, no hate i liked him a lot... Miss the bruins vs habs games back then, so much energy and hate, never a boring game and some absolutely electric ones in big part because of him... Good luck 74

Reactions: angusyoung

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That clip encapsulates why I LOVE being a Montreal Canadiens fan; we are the most loving, caring, ridiculously bipolar fans in hockey...

I must, however, add that #11 not hanging in the rafters is a f***ing shame and is a huge stain on this Organization, imo...that man was the Heart & Soul of this team for 13 years...he was truly a Montreal Canadiens great and no one deserves the recognition more than Saku...

I wonder if he'll get it at one point. I think what's ultimately hurting his chances is how many numbers are already retired, and the quality of those players (not to take away from Saku but he's no hockey legend like most of those guys are).

Plus, I think Price gets a look before him (franchise leader in wins, games, 3rd in shutouts, Hart/Lindsay/Jennings/Vezina winner).
But a jersey retirement ceremony is always good for money, and there's not a whole lot of "all-time greats" playing with the Habs post-2000's, so I do think Saku will get the nod.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Crazy that Emelin has reach the point of needing a transplant. With his age, COVID, and needing to be on antirejection drugs the rest of his life, his hockey career is over. Get well fast!

Reactions: angusyoung

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Fucale has been having a nice season in the AHL and been called up/sent down to the Caps a few times. Maybe he will finally get his first taste of NHL action at some point.

AHL #s 6-2-0 1.75gaa and .932 sv% with 1 So

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In the Swiss League, Barberio has been suspended for 6 games for some dirty shenanigans. Andrighetto is suspsended for 1 game because he charged Hudon. Hudon and Barberio are playing together at Lausanne.

Gascon with a funny Tweet saying that it got very testy at the Habs' practice:

:laugh:

Reactions: Gyfu and DavePeak

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the Swiss League, Barberio has been suspended for 6 games for some dirty shenanigans. Andrighetto is suspsended for 1 game because he charged Hudon. Hudon and Barberio are playing together at Lausanne.

Gascon with a funny Tweet saying that it got very testy at the Habs' practice:

:laugh:

Add Tim Bozon who is also on Lusanne!!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad