Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
is etem claiming that collision with torres is the reason why his career never went anywhere?

and how could anyone claim that torres's career ended after that hit? he made it back in time for the 2014 playoffs before getting suspended 41 games that october for the hit on silfverberg

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Torres was one of the dirtiest players in the modern NHL.
If that happens to Tom Wilson no one will cry except Capital fans.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
is etem claiming that collision with torres is the reason why his career never went anywhere?

and how could anyone claim that torres's career ended after that hit? he made it back in time for the 2014 playoffs before getting suspended 41 games that october for the hit on silfverberg
Seems like it. He says he’s not making excuses, but posts that video. I think there would be more weight to the claim had he not played the entire next two seasons. The dude was given plenty of opportunities. I’m sure his knees gave him problems, but that’s not the reason he washed out. Pointing to a singular playoff series means nothing. Find Devo in the AHL and ask him about great playoffs and signing for less money.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
etem got plenty of chances to live up to his potential with the ducks but never did. i really thought the '13 playoffs was his coming out party but his career never went anywhere after that

he was all speed and nothing else

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Watching a bit of this Sabres-Devils game and Montour looks...OK. Still has that special skating ability and puck movement, but has some WTF are you doing plays and has inconsistencies.

Of course, this game is also a good indicator of why I wouldn't be bummed if the Ducks took Byram. Dahlin is his defensive partner, and from what I've seen, we have no one comparable to even the 18-year-old version of him to cover for the mistakes a player like Montour would make.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Gibbons with another goal for Ottawa after one period against Buffalo. After 13 games + one period since the trade, he has 5 goals and 9 points.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Brutal collision, but Etem scored 54 points in 50 AHL games right after that. Not really buying his story.
That’s my problem with it. He played 79 games between the AHL & NHL during the 13-14 regular season. 45 NHL and 22 AHL games in 14-15. Then 58 NHL games in 15-16 between NYR & VAN. He was given every opportunity. I’m sure his knee did give him problems. The real problem was 22 goals in 173 NHL games. The dude skated hunched over and had poor vision on the ice. He’s not in the NHL because he wasn’t very good. There’s a reason 28 teams passed on him after he put up amazing numbers in Medicine Hat.

Reactions: McDonald19

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Gibbons with another goal for Ottawa after one period against Buffalo. After 13 games + one period since the trade, he has 5 goals and 9 points.

pretty incredible considering he was barely noticeable on the ice during his time with the ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad