Former Ducks, 2019-20

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
That's probably it for Bruce I'd assume. Too bad he never managed to win the cup. I have fond memories of the Ducks team during his tenure, but it was probably right to let him go when they did. Nevertheless, happy (assumed) retirement!

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
If he's still available in the offseason and hasn't had many offers, I would love for BM to reach out and see if he's willing to take an assistant gig back here (at least for the PP). He managed to get Paul MacLean to do it, so why not?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
bruce was for sure gone in the offseason regardless. guerin wanted his own guy in there

the timing is still odd though given they're still in the playoff hunt. wish he could coach the ducks again. best coach this franchise ever had

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
bruce was for sure gone in the offseason regardless. guerin wanted his own guy in there

the timing is still odd though given they're still in the playoff hunt. wish he could coach the ducks again. best coach this franchise ever had

I wouldn't call a guy who consistently gets outcoached over a 7 game playoff series the best coach we have ever had. Babcock when he was here was better, Carlyle for a while was a good NHL coach too and didn't choke away playoff series like Bruce did.

Agree that the timing is odd though. Wild have been on a bit of a run lately and for all BBs faults he's one of the best regular season coaches around, they won't get an upgrade.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I wouldn't call a guy who consistently gets outcoached over a 7 game playoff series the best coach we have ever had. Babcock when he was here was better, Carlyle for a while was a good NHL coach too and didn't choke away playoff series like Bruce did.

Agree that the timing is odd though. Wild have been on a bit of a run lately and for all BBs faults he's one of the best regular season coaches around, they won't get an upgrade.
bruce got every one of his teams to overachieve

the 03 cup run was all jiggy and a rock could have coached the 07 team to a cup

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
bruce got every one of his teams to overachieve

the 03 cup run was all jiggy and a rock could have coached the 07 team to a cup

better coaches have not won cups with worse teams. Carlyle was a good coach once upon a time. Boudreau had no idea how to adjust over a 7 game series. He was absolutely lost in the later stages of the Kings and Hawks series.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
better coaches have not won cups with worse teams. Carlyle was a good coach once upon a time. Boudreau had no idea how to adjust over a 7 game series. He was absolutely lost in the later stages of the Kings and Hawks series.

oh please. BB brought an exciting brand of hockey here and his teams always competed. He lost game 7s while he was here. Big deal.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
losing all those game 7s was not all on bruce. the players were the ones who were out there actually playing. bruce is a damn good coach who gets the most out of his teams

remember when the ducks were #1 on the PP and PK? good times

It was a pattern throughout his coaching career. He couldn’t adjust over a 7 game series and got schooled by some of the leagues best coaches. Players do deserve some of the blame but as does BB.

I like BB as a person, he’s an outstanding guy. Also a great regular season coach. I would take him back right now to accelerate our rebuild in a heartbeat. But he’s not the guy you want to get a team over the top.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It was a pattern throughout his coaching career. He couldn’t adjust over a 7 game series and got schooled by some of the leagues best coaches. Players do deserve some of the blame but as does BB.

I like BB as a person, he’s an outstanding guy. Also a great regular season coach. I would take him back right now to accelerate our rebuild in a heartbeat. But he’s not the guy you want to get a team over the top.
actually i think it's the other way around

he's not a guy you bring in during a rebuild, but rather, when a team is ready to start contending for the playoffs

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Sami Vatanen got traded from New Jersey to Carolina yesterday. Vatanen heard the news from Finnish hockey reporter before getting the call from his club. His comments to the breaking news were "Oh it happened? I guess I need to go then". English translation of what he said in Finnish doesn't quite capture the essence of how chill Vatanen was when he heard the news.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sami Vatanen got traded from New Jersey to Carolina yesterday. Vatanen heard the news from Finnish hockey reporter before getting the call from his club. His comments to the breaking news were "Oh it happened? I guess I need to go then". English translation of what he said in Finnish doesn't quite capture the essence of how chill Vatanen was when he heard the news.

LOL. Vatanen is one of those guys I would take back in a heartbeat.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Bruins are holding Kase out of the lineup tonight, but Ritchie will be on their 3rd line with Coyle.
Holzer is not playing for Nashville.
Grant will center 3rd line for Philadelphia.
Sprong still in the AHL for Washington.

EDIT: Shore centering 3rd line for Columbus.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ritchie and Kase probably had the most chemistry between each other than with any other player in Anaheim. Now they get to utilize that chemistry in Boston with a center like Krejci, which is scary. I was a bit shocked when Ritchie got moved to Boston as I immediately thought that together they could do more damage than on their own in separate teams (if that makes sense). If that line picks it up Bruins fans will be very happy with the trades.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Krejci is very particular with his linemates so I’m curious to see if they do well. Kase as good as he is when healthy I can imagine could be quite difficult to play with as he has the puck a lot but Krejci isn’t a guy who carries the puck a ton in transition so it could work.

Reactions: Arthuros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->