Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The fact that we traded for this garbage hockey player, and even shittier human being is a joke.

And we did it in a trade where added a draft pick to a guy that we wanted to get rid of asap instead of helping him with his addiction issues.

Pathetic...

they also cited his good character and how he’d be a good influence on the young players, if I’m not mistaken.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
they also cited his good character and how he’d be a good influence on the young players, if I’m not mistaken.

even if, like my wife, you never watched hockey, only reality tv, you'd still already know (as she did) that you were adding toxic human garbage

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This means that only Edler and Tanev are left playing hockey anywhere in the world off the 2011 team.

And Shirokov and Sauve, but they only played a couple games and weren't anywhere near the playoff roster.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
begs the question, heading into the 2004 lockout who was still going from the 94 team?

linden was here, hedican won the cup in the first season back, gelinas still playing, slegr (press box) was still playing, peca (four game mid-season call up from juniors—must have been an emergency?) was still playing, namestnikov’s dad (played some games midyear but was mostly on the farm) is playing in russia.

i don’t know if he would have kept playing if there was a 2004-05 season but ronning’s last game was at the end of the 2004 season. and dixon ward (traded midyear for carson) afaict was playing out his last pro season in europe.

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
This means that only Edler and Tanev are left playing hockey anywhere in the world off the 2011 team.

And Shirokov and Sauve, but they only played a couple games and weren't anywhere near the playoff roster.

Harsh sign of how fast time passes by. I remember being devastated after 2011, but thought maybe this team would have at least 2 more cracks at the cup in the following seasons. Hansen, Raymond, Schneider, and Kesler were under 26. Hodgson was coming in. How wrong I was.

Hodgson was out of the league by age 28
Schneider was destroyed by injuries
Raymond was done after the back injury
Bieksa and Burrows saw a significant drop in play after 2012

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Harsh sign of how fast time passes by. I remember being devastated after 2011, but thought maybe this team would have at least 2 more cracks at the cup in the following seasons. Hansen, Raymond, Schneider, and Kesler were under 26. Hodgson was coming in. How wrong I was.

Hodgson was out of the league by age 28
Schneider was destroyed by injuries
Raymond was done after the back injury
Bieksa and Burrows saw a significant drop in play after 2012
The Hodgson Kassian trade was the WRONG move by management. Really needed that depth scoring in the 2012 playoffs against the Kings

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
The Hodgson Kassian trade was the WRONG move by management. Really needed that depth scoring in the 2012 playoffs against the Kings
It was a bit weird how that trade went down IIRC. Gillis was targeting Kassian and 2 rumored other players, one was Kyle Clifford. And there was talk that GMs around the league were miffed that they weren't even made aware that Hodgson was on the market. Always a what-if as to who we could have landed for him...

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It was a bit weird how that trade went down IIRC. Gillis was targeting Kassian and 2 rumored other players, one was Kyle Clifford. And there was talk that GMs around the league were miffed that they weren't even made aware that Hodgson was on the market. Always a what-if as to who we could have landed for him...

If I recall correctly the list was something like Clifford, John Carlson, Brandon Sutter, and I think Erik Gudbranson. (And Kassian of course.)

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
If I recall correctly the list was something like Clifford, John Carlson, Brandon Sutter, and I think Erik Gudbranson. (And Kassian of course.)
tenor.png

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

There are two wait-and-sees in Schneider and Bolduc. They both played last year but it's realistic that neither play professionally this year.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
There are two wait-and-sees in Schneider and Bolduc. They both played last year but it's realistic that neither play professionally this year.

I'm not sure if the LNAH really counts. It's basically a senior league.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->