Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see former Canuck Robert Kron has been hired as the director of amateur scouting for the Seattle Kracken. Sort of lost track of him after he departed the NHL, but assume he's bounced around the scouting circuit since then.

Is it just me....but every time I hear the name 'Kraken' mentioned I keep thinking of 'Tim McCracken' one of protagonist goons in the movie 'Slapshot'. Maybe they can recruit the Hansen brothers to scout the ECHL?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I see former Canuck Robert Kron has been hired as the director of amateur scouting for the Seattle Kracken. Sort of lost track of him after he departed the NHL, but assume he's bounced around the scouting circuit since then.

Is it just me....but every time I hear the name 'Kraken' mentioned I keep thinking of 'Tim McCracken' one of protagonist goons in the movie 'Slapshot'. Maybe they can recruit the Hansen brothers to scout the ECHL?

Just submitted my post history and got the call back within minutes.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

The "progressive" Seattle management just likes to hire old buddies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That may be one of the dumbest takes I have ever heard.

seriously.
If a center left politician wins I am going to leave for probably one of the furthest left leaning areas in North America.

if he said Alberta or specifically Calgary he would make more sense.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To get away from those well established left wing policies that Joe Biden constantly goes on about, he'll move to one of the most progressive cities and provinces in Canada.

Spot the guy who doesn't understand politics.

'If the far-right party is beaten by the center-right party, I'm moving to a country with a centrist national government and to a region with a leftist provincial government'.

When I say that Trump voters are either bad people or stupid ones, it's pretty obvious which camp Bertuzzi falls into.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Not political...

Maybe he just doesn’t like Biden as a possible president.

I didn’t listen or even read the article...

Biden is often an incoherent moron.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Bertuzzi is a millionaire. All he cares about is how much tax he pays. The rest is white noise.

that’s the part that makes the least sense. biden will raise taxes so he’s going to move to a country with way higher tiered taxes, targeting a province where he will almost certainly be subject to a mansion tax on top of what it’ll take off what i’m assuming is mostly passive income.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Stecher seems to be training extra hard this off season. Wouldn’t be surprised if he breaks out and he’s still rockin Canucks gear :(

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Spot the guy who doesn't understand politics.

'If the far-right party is beaten by the center-right party, I'm moving to a country with a centrist national government and to a region with a leftist provincial government'.

When I say that Trump voters are either bad people or stupid ones, it's pretty obvious which camp Bertuzzi falls into.
This right here exactly. I would like this post but I can’t because I got infracted for.... talking about politics.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
lIved in the states for 15 years. Moved to canada when Trump was elected. My wife was going to renounce her US citizenship if he got re-elected.

Always thought Bertuzzi got treated pretty harshly. But I suspect he's still pretty popular in Vancouver.

Anyone know what happened to his lawsuit? did it cost him most of his money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad