Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If the criteria for the HHOF was "star quality" there'd be like twenty guys in there.

It's not the defining criteria but it's one of 4 equal criteria for me :

1) Peak value - awards, AS selections, top-10 scoring finishes, etc. Was the player considered one of the truly elite players in the league for a stretch in their prime?

2) Career value - did the player have a fully realized career where they displayed longevity and consistency of excellence? 500 goals, 1000 points, etc.

3) Team success - was the player a key cog on winning teams at either the NHL or international level?

4) Star quality/legacy/intangibles - how important is the player? Was he someone who captivated the imagination of fans and sold tickets? Did he revolutionize the game in some way? Is he a defining player in the history of a franchise or hockey-playing nation?

If you're scoring huge points in 4/4 categories, you're obviously an all-time great and a slam dunk.

3/4 and you're almost certainly getting in.

2/4 and you're on the borderline. Recchi is huge in (2) and (3), a little lacking in (1), and non-existent in (4). Pavel Bure is huge in (1) and (4) but had a short career where he didn't win much.

1/4 and you shouldn't make it. Dave Andreychuk has career numbers and that's it. Kevin Lowe has Cups and that's it.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Huh, I just learned today that Robert Kron is now the director of amateur scouting for Seattle. Will be interesting to see how they do at the draft over the next little while.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Stecher passed the eye test and every other test while he was here. He did a better job of exiting the zone than anyone other than Quinn Hughes, and like Hughes could do it under pressure. I can’t think of a single team in the cap era where he wouldn’t have been on the roster. He’s going to score 15-25 points and anchor a bottom pair until his early thirties.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I could give a rats ass.

Canucks fans can’t let go of the past.
We cried a river when Luongo left.
Who cares, move on FFS.
Ok, sorry EL

You must wait at least 10 seconds before performing this action.

Reactions: 420Canuck

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I could give a rats ass.

Canucks fans can’t let go of the past.
We cried a river when Luongo left.
Who cares, move on FFS.

I can understand hoarding toilet paper, Epoch, but don't you think hoarding rats asses is taking it a little too far?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I can understand hoarding toilet paper, Epoch, but don't you think hoarding rats asses is taking it a little too far?
But you just said you could give a rats ass
1f55982d-cc7e-453b-a19c-7143430f2098-gif.393242

Reactions: I am toxic

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Erik Gudbranson's last name most likely comes from the old Norse name Gudbrandr. Gud means god, and brandr means sword. There is a valley region in Norway called Gudbrandsdalen, and a river of gudbrandsdalslågen.

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->