Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
mitchell left to L.a and he had injury issues. therefore mike gillis got hamhuis and ballard. 10-11 season.

Yes. But you said that with Ballard they "finally" had two top4 defensemen, which is absurd. Like, even if they hadn't signed Hamhuis or traded for Ballard they still had more than two top-4 D.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Eddie Lack has retired. Only 32, but his hip is not good enough for pro hockey. Definitely one of the most interesting goalies we've ever had.

Reactions: Pip

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Eddie Lack's retirement video (1st of 4 parts):

Reactions: Pip

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yes. But you said that with Ballard they "finally" had two top4 defensemen, which is absurd. Like, even if they hadn't signed Hamhuis or traded for Ballard they still had more than two top-4 D.
I think they only had one defenseman of any note (back then anyways) signed beyond one year (Edler) when Gillis went after Hamhuis & Ballard.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Not for beyond the season Ballard was acquired.

Oh right, you are correct, my bad.
That was a franchise changing offseason to be sure. Letting Mitchell walk, acquiring Ballard before free agency opened up (Gillis felt the pressure to improve the defence, and Florida likely would have traded Ballard to another team if the Canucks did not put forth an offer), and then ultimately signing Hamhuis. Ugh, I can't believe Ballard over Mitchell cost us a Cup.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Really like Lack's personality. Great sense of humor. Hope he gets a chance to hang out with Luongo for a day.

Reactions: tradervik

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Haven't seen this goal by Bure before. This is insane.

I’ve never seen that goal either.

It must be from the 1995 preseason - based on the #96 and uniform, it has to be from 1995-97, and Bure didn’t score any goals at home against the Oilers in those two seasons. Plus, although you can’t see the number, based on the hopeless flop/sprawl the goalie is obviously the hopeless Bill Ramford, who was traded away by Edmonton midway through the 1995-96 season.

Anyone know who the other player on the rush with Bure is? They’re wearing #43 or #45 and no player wore that number for the team that year.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I’ve never seen that goal either.

It must be from the 1995 preseason - based on the #96 and uniform, it has to be from 1995-97, and Bure didn’t score any goals at home against the Oilers in those two seasons. Plus, although you can’t see the number, based on the hopeless flop/sprawl the goalie is obviously the hopeless Bill Ramford, who was traded away by Edmonton midway through the 1995-96 season.

Anyone know who the other player on the rush with Bure is? They’re wearing #43 or #45 and no player wore that number for the team that year.
Looks to be 15, would be John McIntyre during preseason before getting sent down to Syracuse and retiring at seasons end?

Reactions: MS

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Good for him. It looks like he has some qualifications for his new role.

I think he'll be a rising in the star in the NHL management ranks one day. Also, top prospect for the 2021 draft, Kent Johnson, will be at University of Michigan, where Tambellini will be based. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lightning eventually take KJ, but KJ could be the no.1 pick in 2021.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think he'll be a rising in the star in the NHL management ranks one day. Also, top prospect for the 2021 draft, Kent Johnson, will be at University of Michigan, where Tambellini will be based. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lightning eventually take KJ, but KJ could be the no.1 pick in 2021.

I was thinking the same thing but there's likely a long road ahead. Jeff's dad is certainly not known as a good NHL GM so Jeff didn't exactly learn from the best. I can see Jeff ending up as a player agent rather than be an AGM one day.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
I was thinking the same thing but there's likely a long road ahead. Jeff's dad is certainly not known as a good NHL GM so Jeff didn't exactly learn from the best. I can see Jeff ending up as a player agent rather than be an AGM one day.

Yeah his dad was a horror show in Edmonton but did ok in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad