Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Schaller clears waivers and is sent to the minors by the Kings.

There's... Something weirdly frustrating about seeing that happen after the Canucks just wouldn't do it.

The pro scouting on the canucks must be among the worst in the league with that signing. 1.9 mill. Unbelievable

Reactions: vanuck

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yeah, Schaller getting waived and demoted by a fully tanking LAK the moment he left this team is one of the funniest things I've seen in recent memory.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Timmy Schaller scores his first goal for the LA Kings AHL affiliate Ontario Reign. :vhappy:

K3F8Dgb.jpg

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I wish someone in the Vancouver media would ask Green why Schaller is apparently good enough to be a regular here but not in LA, or if he thinks the team should target him if we can clear up some cap space given how cheap we can acquire him.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
I wish someone in the Vancouver media would ask Green why Schaller is apparently good enough to be a regular here but not in LA, or if he thinks the team should target him if we can clear up some cap space given how cheap we can acquire him.
They should ask Benning the same question while they're at it.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The pro scouting on the canucks must be among the worst in the league with that signing. 1.9 mill. Unbelievable
:laugh: And Schaller isn’t even remotely the worst pro scouting decision.

- The six million dollar IKEA
- No-good-Branson
- Pizza Pizza..no NOT the trade itself but drafting guru saw how much he sucked *PLAYING FOR US* and still re-up him *WITH A RAISE*
- Gagner-let’s-have-him-play-on-the-Marlies

etc.,

Last edited:
Reactions: victoriacanucker

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
:laugh: And Schaller isn’t even remotely the worst pro scouting decision.

- The six million dollar IKEA to take the stand
- No-good-Branson
- Pizza Pizza..no NOT the trade itself but drafting guru saw how much he sucked *PLAYING FOR US* and still re-up him *WITH A RAISE*
- Gagner-let’s-have-him-play-on-the-Marlies

etc.,

Maybe Brett Henning as Director of Pro Scouting leads/led to better results?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He's had the position since 17-18 and I'd say the results have been mixed.

I'm surprised Brett (who was originally a nepotism hire) was promoted when his dad was let go. If he's not doing a good job I hope we get a Brackett-like replacement on the pro-scouting side.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm surprised Brett (who was originally a nepotism hire) was promoted when his dad was let go. If he's not doing a good job I hope we get a Brackett-like replacement on the pro-scouting side.

Yeah I'm surprised he survived that initial purge because it's not like his results have been glowing.

Reactions: F A N

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Third line centre Nick Bonino just got his 18th goal, Brandon Sutter nearly has nearly that many points

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
AV has Philly within a point of top spot in the Metro.
Done well since getting fired here.

Cup finals in 2014 along with the Presidents trophy. ECF another year with NYR during his run.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009

Cup finals in 2014 along with the Presidents trophy. ECF another year with NYR during his run.
I haven't really watched Philly this year but I look forward to seeing them in the playoffs.

Wonder if AV has changed a little in terms of his offensive approach.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

AV has proven himself to be a good coach. Just haven't won the ultimate prize.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
AV has proven himself to be a good coach. Just haven't won the ultimate prize.
That’s why he makes $5 mill per.

people here talk more about Gillis but AV has more than proven to be a one hit wonder. Can deliver for different teams and different rosters. That’s a good Philly roster. Some good young Dmen. Koneckny and Couts on good deals. They passed on keeping Simmonds. Have young prospects like Farabee and Frost coming up. Dmen in the pipeline. If Patrick and recover from his migraines I think he’s will develop into a 2C.

not a fan of the JVR deal and I think they overpaid for Hayes. But JVR’s deal expires in 3 more years. He’s only 31 in 2020. Basically would end his contract at the same age Loui was last year after year 3, so no real post prime years. But they have a good nucleus that I can see AV work with to get them to the ECF very soon.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Schaller is not a regular here.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
He played 51 games for the Canucks before being dealt, that is a regular.

He was healthy scratched for about 8 of those games, if Sutter, Ferland and Leivo didn't miss so many games. You think Schaller still play that many games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad