FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Good for Gillis.

BTW, where's M2B - the original poster of this thread? Haven't seen him in awhile.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This has nothing to do with anything, but I just noticed Chris Tanev scored 2 goals last year for the 5th season in a row. He has scored exactly 2 goals in 7 of his 9 seasons as a full-time NHLer. If you look at ES goals only, it's seven seasons in a row of 2 ES goals and 8 of 9 seasons over all. He added 2 PP goals in 2015-16, and had 5 goals in 2013-14, which was sadly a fluke.

I love dumb shit like this and had to post it somewhere. I wonder what the record is for most consecutive non-zero goal totals.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yannick Weber has retired from the NHL. He signed a 3 year deal with the ZSC Lions in Switzerland.

Oddly enough, his best NHL season was with the Canucks with 21 points in 2014-15.

11 goals that season for us, 6 in 6 seasons for the rest of his NHL career. He seemed to linger as a depth defender forever in Nashville after leaving here.

Reactions: mossey3535

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
11 goals that season for us, 6 in 6 seasons for the rest of his NHL career. He seemed to linger as a depth defender forever in Nashville after leaving here.

I remember him as a depth guy too but played every game of their cup run and 78 games in the regular season the season after leaving here. Didn't realize he played that many games for them right away.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Half of those were on the PP. Wasn't he first choice with Edler on the PP?

I believe so yes.

He scored 1 goal in his first 26 games that year ... and then 10 in his last 39. Crazy run.

And then barely played a minute on the PP the rest of his career after going to a team that had Weber/Suter/Josi/Subban/Ellis/Ekholm through his run there.

Reactions: mossey3535

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Trevor Letowski has been named as an assistant coach for the Habs.

Burrows, now Letowski. Who's next, Murray Baron? :laugh:

Haha well Letwoski is actually qualified for the job given his coaching resume. I just looked up Baron and I don't think he's coaching.

Reactions: Bubbles

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Looks like Cassels is coaching kids.

I looked up Scott Lachance and he's NJ's head US scout. :eek:

I know he did a stint in the ECHL and was doing collegiate coaching at one point. No idea what he was up to presently, though.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
How do Loui, Beagle, and Roussel do in Arizona this year?

Well certainly Loui will do better because there is the chance that they will actually play the guy (unlike us last year). Beagle and Roussel will have much lower expectations and will probably thrive there as well unless one or the other starts to get injured...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Anyone hear anything about whether Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel are going to suit up for the Coyotes? :laugh:

It would be so funny if ARI plays all of these guys they got paid to take on and rehab a few of them to flip for even more assets at the deadlines with retention.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It would be so funny if ARI plays all of these guys they got paid to take on and rehab a few of them to flip for even more assets at the deadlines with retention.

beagle just as a guy to play five-odd minutes of "win the draw, then skate like hell of the ice" in a few playoff road games where you're getting dominated on faceoffs is probably worth a 5th rounder?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This may of been observed already - I haven't been around this summer... BUT...

Remember when we lost Christian Ehrhoff to Buffalo due to the 10 year contract?

Well... That contract would have just expired TODAY.

Isn't that absolutely crazy?!

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
with baertschi getting signed today and gagner getting an extension, you have to wonder how this impacts the reputation of this team. both those players were exiled from the nhl by us years ago, yet here they are both still in the nhl. hard not to see them as having been unfairly having their careers interrupted and even scapegoated to allow the the organization to acquire new toys.

Reactions: 4th line culture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad