Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 328930

Agree but hardly surprising as he's turning 64 and relies on his energetic voice and catch phrases.

Really makes you appreciate Bob Cole. He was good until his early 70s but saw a dramatic drop off as well and could barely keep up with what was happening on the ice.
Remember his old terrible catch phrases like “that’s hockey!!” Cringeworthy.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
According to Rick Dhaliwal, Gillis interviewed well in Florida. I hope he gets the job. Certainly more deserving than say Kevin Weekes.

Reactions: Bubbles

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
According to Rick Dhaliwal, Gillis interviewed well in Florida. I hope he gets the job. Certainly more deserving than say Kevin Weekes.
It'll be interesting to watch if it happens especially because of his vision for running an NHL team will probably involve spending a lot of money outside of the cap too, during a time where FLA is reportedly looking to save money.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It'll be interesting to watch if it happens especially because of his vision for running an NHL team will probably involve spending a lot of money outside of the cap too, during a time where FLA is reportedly looking to save money.

Florida does have a rich owner though but there's not much you can do with the gate receipts there. I wonder if he will just be President and hire Gilman as the GM.

Edit: Lorne Henning is 68 years old. He can be senior advisor?

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Radim Vrbata will be playing for the HC České Budějovice, in the 4th tier league in Czech Republic, alongside with Martin Hanzal and Rostislav Klesla this coming season :laugh: Hanzal owns the team, so this obviously is a blatant old boys' club scandal!

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009

Luongo with some helpful advice for Vegas. Relying on some personal experience here? :sarcasm:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
there was a time when it felt like every other year a guy we couldn't wait to get off, who were run out of town for one reason or another, was winning a stanley cup.

i don't mean mitchell in 2012/2014 and bonino in 2016/2017. i mean totally ignominious figures like brad may in 2007, matt cooke in 2009, sopel in 2010.

well don't look now but fffffing rick bowness is coaching in the stanley cup finals. this is more bonkers to me than sbisa almost winning a cup two years ago; this is like gudbranson winning the cup as a legit fixture on somebody's top four.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
there was a time when it felt like every other year a guy we couldn't wait to get off, who were run out of town for one reason or another, was winning a stanley cup.

i don't mean mitchell in 2012/2014 and bonino in 2016/2017. i mean totally ignominious figures like brad may in 2007, matt cooke in 2009, sopel in 2010.

well don't look now but fffffing rick bowness is coaching in the stanley cup finals. this is more bonkers to me than sbisa almost winning a cup two years ago; this is like gudbranson winning the cup as a legit fixture on somebody's top four.

We did not run Mitchell out of town. The Canucks wanted to bring him back. I don't think Canucks fans per se wanted to see Bowness gone. None of us saw his as HC material.

Speaking of guys we did not run out of town, don't forget Taylor Fedun and Luke Schenn. It looks like one of them will win the Stanley Cup.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We did not run Mitchell out of town. The Canucks wanted to bring him back. I don't think Canucks fans per se wanted to see Bowness gone. None of us saw his as HC material.

Speaking of guys we did not run out of town, don't forget Taylor Fedun and Luke Schenn. It looks like one of them will win the Stanley Cup.

as i said, mitchell and bonino were not the ones i meant. i mentioned them to distinguish because they are the alumni cup winners that constantly get talked about here.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Goldobin has 2 assists, no goals, in the first seven games of his KHL season.

SixtyFour

Aug 7, 2015

:sarcasm:

1149716876.jpeg

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
What a great character guy amirite?

Some people are great teammates but aren't great characters off the ice. Some people let fame get into their head and get less accommodating as they age. Prust and his ex wife was apparently a power couple in Montreal. Today, Prust's hockey career is over and he got dumped by his beautiful wife.

Hockey isn't real life. Most of us loved (or at least liked) Cooke and Torres when they weren't hurting the team.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Some people are great teammates but aren't great characters off the ice. Some people let fame get into their head and get less accommodating as they age. Prust and his ex wife was apparently a power couple in Montreal. Today, Prust's hockey career is over and he got dumped by his beautiful wife.

Hockey isn't real life. Most of us loved (or at least liked) Cooke and Torres when they weren't hurting the team.
Wasn't Prust the one who complained about not playing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad