Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Goldarn it all, it done there been a short winder for that there cup, y'all!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Point is valid. It's just curious that GMs perceive Hansen's NHL career has ended when similar forwards received contracts? What is it in Hansen's game that has deteriorated to the point that he's not a viable bottom6 NHL forward? Hard to understand.

Not enough eyeballs, I wholeheartedly believe he just wasn't given a fair shake in SJ.

NHL GM's aren't the most competent bunch and they are as susceptible to recency bias as anyone else.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No idea how Goldobin will pan out in the end, but there's little doubt now the Canucks dealt Hansen at a higher point in the market than where he's at right now....really a head-scratching fall from grace....a poor stint with SJ and now apparently zero interest in the UFA market. So it's on to the KHL if rmors are correct...what happened to him?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Speaking of Kesler.

Kesler said 4 years ago, he didn’t wanna play in Vancouver because the Canucks were “4 years away from contending for a cup”

I don’t think his time line was accurate.

And Kes was crucified for wanting to get the eff out of this clustereff while publicly saying otherwise..

Welp.

As everyone now sees, the Canucks are a complete and utter gongshow.

Anyone forgive Kes now?

Feb 24, 2017
And Kes was crucified for wanting to get the eff out of this clustereff while publicly saying otherwise..

Welp.

Anyone forgive Kes now?
He could have held his tongue and Tavares’d / Richards’d Vancouver one year later, correct?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Welp.

Anyone forgive Kes now?
If Anahiem poops the bed this year there futurell look pretty bad too and they may BLOW it up there too... will he demand ANOTHER trade?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Anahiem poops the bed this year there futurell look pretty bad too and they may BLOW it up there too... will he demand ANOTHER trade?

Will he be in a position to demand a trade? If rumours of him missing this entire season are true (or even if they aren’t), I can’t see a lot of teams lining up to take that contract.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Who's the last Canuck player who left and actually had better seasons than he had on the Canucks? It always seems like all of our players that left sucked more. Kesler, Hansen, Bieksa, Ehrhoff, Salo, Garrison, Ohlund, Burrows. Well I guess most of them were outside of their primes besides Kesler Hansen and Ehrhoff.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Come playoff time in '15, Kesler was in fine form (13P in 16GP) as the Ducks made it to within an inch of the SCF. I guess that's not truly an example of "better seasons than he had on the Canucks," though

Last edited:

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Hockeybuzz is borderline fraud. Not sure why anyone would or should want to read what they have.

And no I havent clicked the link, so maybe that article is actually good but Eklund is charging his customer for made up trade rumors so I refuse to even click on a link of his.

Reactions: Dave Lister

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Who's the last Canuck player who left and actually had better seasons than he had on the Canucks? It always seems like all of our players that left sucked more. Kesler, Hansen, Bieksa, Ehrhoff, Salo, Garrison, Ohlund, Burrows. Well I guess most of them were outside of their primes besides Kesler Hansen and Ehrhoff.

Rick Vaive? Mike Peca?

Wait ... Steve Staios.

Jared McCann.

I'm probably missing someone obvious.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Is anyone surprised that Benning hasn't apparently shown any interest in bringing back Luca Sbisa? After all his game hasn't changed at all; he is still exactly the same player Benning thought worthy of a lucrative three year $10.8 million contract not so long ago and with the lack of interest in his services this summer he is probably available at a 'discount' rate.

So what has changed? Certainly not Sbisa.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Is anyone surprised that Benning hasn't apparently shown any interest in bringing back Luca Sbisa? After all his game hasn't changed at all; he is still exactly the same player Benning thought worthy of a lucrative three year $10.8 million contract not so long ago and with the lack of interest in his services this summer he is probably available at a 'discount' rate.

So what has changed? Certainly not Sbisa.

Excessive bodies at LD and the focus on trying to find a PP defensemen.

Edler, Hutton, del Zotto and Pouliot on the left with Joulevi and Hughes knocking on the door has Benning looking elsewhere. Not that LD should be considered a strength but I don't think he would see Sbisa as an upgrade and maybe the Cup finals may have shown him the light.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Excessive bodies at LD and the focus on trying to find a PP defensemen.

Edler, Hutton, del Zotto and Pouliot on the left with Joulevi and Hughes knocking on the door has Benning looking elsewhere. Not that LD should be considered a strength but I don't think he would see Sbisa as an upgrade and maybe the Cup finals may have shown him the light.

Those were some epic 'special deliveries' he served up in the deciding game eh.

Some vintage Luca right there :propeller

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Schneider (more games played, on a much worse roster), Weise, Grabner, Hodgson (that one season in Buffalo which got him his big contract), Miller, and Schroeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad