Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Unrestricted free agent Shawn Matthias tweeted Carcillo's series of posts, saying his experience as a rookie on the OHL's Belleville Bulls left him "an angry confused young man" until he joined the NHL's Winnipeg Jets, where he said head coach Paul Maurice and other members of the organization helped him overcome his trauma.

Matthias did not immediately respond to an interview request from The Canadian Press. Maurice declined comment.

from: Ex-NHLer Carcillo recalls alleged OHL beating with sawed-off goalie stick | CBC Sports

also,

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Oldest players highlighted in grey, youngest in red

94e181b26eec6aa000c6a7c282cfb372.png

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Guessing he’s referring to Josh Sands.

Very disheartening to hear this issue appears to have been (hopefully past tense) such a systematic issue throughout the CHL.

in an podcast with the cbc, carcillo mentions that the same psycho who created the toxic culture in sarnia also created it in belleville, where shawn matthias had it bad. there is not a player who played on both carcillo's and matthias' team.

but as i just googled josh sands, i found that there is one guy who played on wellwood/sands' team and later carcillo's—

Kris Newbury hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

carcillo also said something like, i don't want to blow up anybody's life. some of these guys are still grinding away in the minor leagues. and here he is—

League Search Page -> ECHL -> 2018-19 -> Jacksonville Icemen -> Roster & Statistics
#NamePosGPGAPtsPIM+/-BirthdateAgeBirthplaceHghtWght
11Kris NewburyC17415192751982-02-1936Brampton, ONT5.11213
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

edit: and someone has evidently just edited his wikipedia entry Kris Newbury - Wikipedia

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
in an podcast with the cbc, carcillo mentions that the same psycho who created the toxic culture in sarnia also created it in belleville, where shawn matthias had it bad. there is not a player who played on both carcillo's and matthias' team.

but as i just googled josh sands, i found that there is one guy who played on wellwood/sands' team and later carcillo's—

Kris Newbury hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

carcillo also said something like, i don't want to blow up anybody's life. some of these guys are still grinding away in the minor leagues. and here he is—

League Search Page -> ECHL -> 2018-19 -> Jacksonville Icemen -> Roster & Statistics
#NamePosGPGAPtsPIM+/-BirthdateAgeBirthplaceHghtWght
11Kris NewburyC17415192751982-02-1936Brampton, ONT5.11213
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
edit: and someone has evidently just edited his wikipedia entry Kris Newbury - Wikipedia

Nice detective work. That edit is something else.

Good on Paul Maurice and the Jets for helping. Craig Heisinger is also one of the kindest people in the sport and was in Rypien’s corner in a big way. Have to think he’d have a big influence on the culture there.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Looked up Cole Cassels cuz of reasons...

He's in the DEL with 11pts in 24gms..
League also has the likes of Stajan, Alex Friesen, Genoway, Adam Luke in it...
League leader is Matsumoto ((Flyers 2006 draft pick).. 31 pts in 24gms)

He's 4th on team scoring.. Good on him!

Just a random update.. carry on....

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Still can't believe Matt Stajan scored the GWG in Game 6 2015.

Newbury probably feels like complete shit for what he did, and rightfully so, but the real blame lies with that disgusting excuse for a head coach.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Still can't believe Matt Stajan scored the GWG in Game 6 2015.

Newbury probably feels like complete **** for what he did, and rightfully so, but the real blame lies with that disgusting excuse for a head coach.

A lot of victims end up becoming predators themselves.

Obviously doesn't excuse it, but it's a cycle. The problem is when nobody steps in to stop the cycle when they have the opportunity to do so.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
please please please hire Gillis, I might even have to switch teams
Hope you and other weeny Canucks fans leave our team and join some expansion team fans, and then we win the Cup just so youd feel like COMPLETE backstabbing weenys :shakehead

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
This has become a very confusing thread at one point people are arguing Benning needs to be fired, then a couple of posts on hazing in the OHL, then hearing Mike Gillis is pushing hard for Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad