Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
someday I wanna hug Juice and Burrows in Vancouver and tell them how much I love them

54c9a2df0a47f888045d27cba510fd79.jpg

tfw kesler's body/hip is disintegrating in real time
tfw lou is gonna be on LTIR next year probably
tfw the only player in this picture that can still provide an on-ice impact to his team is Schneids

why do players have to eventually deteriorate skill/speed/fitness wise until they inevitably retire
why couldn't canucks have invested into an anti-aging hormone in 2010 to keep all these boys alive and playing forever =(

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
someday I wanna hug Juice and Burrows in Vancouver and tell them how much I love them

tfw kesler's body/hip is disintegrating in real time
tfw lou is gonna be on LTIR next year probably
tfw the only player in this picture that can still provide an on-ice impact to his team is Schneids

why do players have to eventually deteriorate skill/speed/fitness wise until they inevitably retire
why couldn't canucks have invested into an anti-aging hormone in 2010 to keep all these boys alive and playing forever =(
I see Edler is still being criminally underrated

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
this was just posted to the history board--

Mike Milbury, the Islanders' general manager, said there was a reason the rookie goaltender Roberto Luongo looked so shaky in last Tuesday's 7-3 loss to Boston.

''The kid was looking at apartments until 5 p.m. the day of the Bruins game,'' Milbury said Saturday during the Islanders' 5-2 victory over the Bruins in Boston. ''Hello. This is not Val d'Or, it's the N.H.L., and you have to prepare.''

The fatigued Luongo, 20, suffered his second consecutive bad loss on Tuesday. He has given up 16 goals in his past two games and will most likely not start again until Thursday at Tampa Bay. The Islanders (10-24-5) are at home tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes.

source: HOCKEY; Milbury Challenges Luongo

and at the end of the article--

"Milbury said he was not prepared to give up on the core of promising young players, which includes Tim Connolly, Mathieu Biron, Brad Isbister, Luongo and Eric Brewer, who was sent to Lowell of the American Hockey League on Saturday for the rest of the season."

of course those players, with pyatt added to connolly, jokinen added to luongo, and josh green added to brewer, plus a few picks here and there, were soon traded for mike peca, adrian aucoin, janne niinimaa, mark parrish and oleg kvasha, and roman hamrlik.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Pretty shocked that he has fallen down to the K. Figured he would still garner a 1 year deal somewhere in the nhl. Maybe has to play his way back.

Young family too. Kids all under 4 I believe. Wish him the best.

President of Hockey

Aug 13, 2016
Maybe Hansen went for timely clarity for his family and a safe paycheck instead of hoping to find an NHL team at the last minute via PTO.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Why Russia of all places lol what a joke

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Surprised how quickly things went downhill for him. He didn’t look like he was slowing down at all in his last year with us. If anything, he was improving. That year and a half in San Jose messed him up good.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I can't believe nobody offered Hansen a one year contract. I feel bad for Hansen. He outperformed the money he was making most of his NHL years IMO.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Great career for a 9th round pick. Hope he gets paid in Europe and comes back to the organization as a coach or someting. Nothing but love for Hansen.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Surprised how quickly things went downhill for him. He didn’t look like he was slowing down at all in his last year with us. If anything, he was improving. That year and a half in San Jose messed him up good.

This is what happens with these kind of energy forwards. The end comes fast. It's what people don't seem to understand about the roussel signing.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This is what happens with these kind of energy forwards. The end comes fast. It's what people don't seem to understand about the roussel signing.

Oh I totally agree but Hansen is a really odd case. It’s not like he was plagued by injuries and he was a very consistent player. I’ve talked to some Sharks fans on here and they had no idea why he was benched so much last year. They think the coach just plain didn’t like him which is a real shame because he’s exactly the kind of player most coaches love to have. He probably has a dart board with Deboer’s face on it.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Oh I totally agree but Hansen is a really odd case. It’s not like he was plagued by injuries and he was a very consistent player. I’ve talked to some Sharks fans on here and they had no idea why he was benched so much last year. They think the coach just plain didn’t like him which is a real shame because he’s exactly the kind of player most coaches love to have. He probably has a dart board with Deboer’s face on it.

Torts didn't like him either.

Shrug.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Point is valid. It's just curious that GMs perceive Hansen's NHL career has ended when similar forwards received contracts? What is it in Hansen's game that has deteriorated to the point that he's not a viable bottom6 NHL forward? Hard to understand.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pretty shocked that he has fallen down to the K. Figured he would still garner a 1 year deal somewhere in the nhl. Maybe has to play his way back.

Young family too. Kids all under 4 I believe. Wish him the best.

completely shocked at this. surprised he didn't stick around for a pto opportunity.

he would have fit in perfectly on a team like the oilers.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

i think once he didn't stick top 6, then deboer wanted him to execute a tight stay in your lane checking system that didn't utilize his speed. he lost all freelance privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad