Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Schneider (more games played, on a much worse roster), Weise, Grabner, Hodgson (that one season in Buffalo which got him his big contract), Miller, and Schroeder.

Grabner and Weiss I'd give you. I think Schneider didn't play better, he played just as good. Miller's prime was obviously in buffalo. Schroeder is an AHL player so how much did he actually improve. And Hodgson was amazing as a Canuck he just got no ice time.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Grabner and Weiss I'd give you. I think Schneider didn't play better, he played just as good. Miller's prime was obviously in buffalo. Schroeder is an AHL player so how much did he actually improve. And Hodgson was amazing as a Canuck he just got no ice time.

That's fair, but he had a bigger sample size with NJ which is more impressive to me. He also was getting serious consideration for the Vezina, which he never had in Vancouver due to the Luongo situation.

Miller put up a better save % and GAA with Anaheim, albeit on a better team and with less starts.

Schroeder is fair, he's about equal but has played more games. 13 points in 37 games with Minnesota is better than anything he did with Vancouver, but obviously it's still nothing to write home about.

Hodgson is similar to Schneider; small sample size in Vancouver and excelled when he was given a bigger role on a worse team (at the time).

These players still had better seasons after being Canucks, IMO, which is what I was responding to.

Feb 24, 2017
Sbisa isn’t being signed by benning only because aquilini expressly forbade it. His friends probably made fun of him for paying that guy 3 plus mill per year.

You know damn well benning is shaking like a leaf not being able to sign Sbisa back as he just sits there available.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Sbisa isn’t being signed by benning only because aquilini expressly forbade it. His friends probably made fun of him for paying that guy 3 plus mill per year.

You know damn well benning is shaking like a leaf not being able to sign Sbisa back as he just sits there available.
That's an interesting angle @Sami Salo I hadn't considered the possibility of peer group humiliation as a barrier to resigning Sbisa. But it might do the trick alright.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I mean, I remember when the usual posters here where pointing out how good Sbisa was. Single handedly made Vegas a top team in the playoffs if I recall. Its a shame how he's not signed. Makes no sense to me :sarcasm:

Yeah I wonder if he's having a hard time accepting the reality that he'll have to take a steep paycut to be paid what he's actually worth.

Insane that we signed him to the deal that we did after watching him for a half a year and seeing how he's no better than a bottom pairing D man.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
It's a shame that Tryamkin nearly broke him in half. Took him a long time to recover and he hasn't been the same since.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Yeah I wonder if he's having a hard time accepting the reality that he'll have to take a steep paycut to be paid what he's actually worth.

Insane that we signed him to the deal that we did after watching him for a half a year and seeing how he's no better than a bottom pairing D man.

It's quite possibly just settled opinion around the NHL by now that he simply can't play. I mean, how much viewing is required. He's been around 8 or 9 years.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Meanwhile, Carl Neill has one the prestigious Guy Lafleur award

Not two shabby
giphy.gif

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Brad Richardson continues to be a quality bottom sixer who can do everything Jay Beagle can do at a fraction of the price.

Is Richardson a right shot C who can be counted upon to win over 56% of his the faceoffs he takes? No.

Brad Richardson when healthy has generally been quite underrated. But better is better and IMO Beagle is better.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Is Richardson a right shot C who can be counted upon to win over 56% of his the faceoffs he takes? No.

Brad Richardson when healthy has generally been quite underrated. But better is better and IMO Beagle is better.
Beagle is better at Face offs. But hes not better at anything else. Also Richardsson is payed fairly and not signed for more than 2 years.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Their career averages in faceoff wins % account for ~33 additional faceoff with Beagle wins over an 82 games season. So that is roughly one additonal faceoff win every 3 games not sure that this makes a worlds difference.

If one is interested in the individual advanced stats, that can be easily seen here:

Hockey-Reference: Brad Richardson

Hockey-Reference: Jay Beagle

Taking performance and contract into account I would still much prefer Richardson

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I thought Horvat and Shinkaruk were gonna be a dynamic duo.
Now its the Horvat and Boeser show going forward.

Shinkaruk development has stalled, he regressed like heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad