Former Canuck Fan Jamboree

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hey Fellow Krakenfan. The OEL move put you over the top?

raining_david_tennant.gif

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I grew up in Vancouver, now live closer to Alaska, and have been a Seahawks and Mariners fan since their inaugural seasons, and started watching the Sonics in the early 70’s.
I’m also a long suffering Canucks fan, having cheered them on since puck drop of their very first game.
It’s getting harder to hold on to that tether of hope.
The owner is a slumlord, was taken to court for refusing his blueberry pickers water and bathroom breaks, allegedly physically abused his children, and according to friends of mine who worked for the Canucks, a colossal douchebag.
The former GM is easily one of the worst in NHL history, doing so much damage over his 8 year tenure that even competent new management (and the jury is very much still out) need at least five to six years to build a contender.
The AHL team has literally zero prospects other than one who was just sent down.
The current GM did not hire the current coach, and the GM and President have been openly very critical of the bench boss, whose contract is only for the remainder of this season.

If you’re still with me, my sincere thanks.

My question is this. Is your ownership group decent human beings? If i buy a Kraken jersey, or switch allegiances, can I feel better about it than I do when I have a hot shower after visiting the Canucks store?
I’m at the point where I don’t want to spend a nickel on anything going to such a scumbag owner, or invest in the 53rd year of a franchise going nowhere.

I envy Kraken fans. You’ll have down seasons eventually, but I truly hope you never see a mess like the current Vancouver Canucks.
A lot of us are just done.

Last edited:

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
I grew up in Vancouver, now live closer to Alaska, and have been a Seahawks and Mariners fan since their inaugural seasons, and started watching the Sonics in the early 70’s.
I’m also a long suffering Canucks fan, having cheered them on since puck drop of their very first game.
The owner is a slumlord, was taken to court for refusing his blueberry pickers water and bathroom breaks, allegedly physically abused his children, and according to friends of mine who worked for the Canucks, a colossal douchebag.
The former GM is easily one of the worst in NHL history, doing so much damage over his 8 year tenure that even competent new management (and the jury is very much still out) need at least five to six years to build a contender.
The AHL team has literally zero prospects other than one who was just sent down.
The current GM did not hire the current coach, and the GM and President have been openly very critical of the bench boss, whose contract is only for the remainder of this season.

My question is this. Is your ownership group decent human beings? If i buy a Kraken jersey, or switch allegiances, can I feel better about it than I do when I have a hot shower after visiting the Canucks store?
I’m at the point where I don’t want to spend a nickel on anything going to such a scumbag owner, or invest in the 53rd year of a franchise going nowhere.

I envy Kraken fans. You’ll have down seasons eventually, but I truly hope you never see a mess like the current Vancouver Canucks.
The Houston Texans liked your post.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

I mean one is Jerry Bruckheimer. I haven't heard anything bad about him but i'm sure in his position he's pissed off actors and aides. Nothing serious though. He makes cool movies.

David Bonderman had to resign from Ubers board due to sexist comments.

Andy Jassy Amazons CEO is a minority owner. Guess it depends on your views on Amazon...I doubt he beats his kids but it depends what you think about Amazons business practices.

Most owners have baggage. You don't become a billionaire/CEO without effin someone over or having an ego/being a psychopath.

If i'm being honest the owners are pretty quiet and seem pretty hands off. It's the CEO Tod Leiweke you mostly here from who by all accounts is a good dude and has done a good job at the Seahawks and Lightning. Then again they haven't had to fire anyone yet and the Kraken are doing well so far this year and only into the 2nd year of building the team.

The Kraken seem to do a good job of hiring and promoting women within the organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I mean one is Jerry Bruckheimer. I haven't heard anything bad about him but i'm sure in his position he's pissed off actors and aides. Nothing serious though. He makes cool movies.

David Bonderman had to resign from Ubers board due to sexist comments.

Andy Jassy Amazons CEO is a minority owner. Guess it depends on your views on Amazon...I doubt he beats his kids but it depends what you think about Amazons business practices.

Most owners have baggage. You don't become a billionaire/CEO without effin someone over or having an ego/being a psychopath.

If i'm being honest the owners are pretty quiet and seem pretty hands off. It's the CEO Tod Leiweke you mostly here from who by all accounts is a good dude and has done a good job at the Seahawks and Lightning. Then again they haven't had to fire anyone yet and the Kraken are doing well so far this year and only into the 2nd year of building the team.

The Kraken seem to do a good job of hiring and promoting women within the organization.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer, and your’re right, billionaires don’t generally become billionaires by playing nice.
I’m happy for your team and fan base. It’s nice to see the Kraken making strides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad