Former Canuck Fan Jamboree

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think my heart can quit the Canucks but I am in Portland and am super psyched to have a new team so close— no existing rivalry or old hate to stop me from being a fan!

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I've been a Canucks fan since birth so I probably won't ever fully stop cheering for them, but, let's be serious, they're easily one of the worst managed teams in the league led by one of the most inept owners in sports (not just Hockey). Benning's constant failures and not being held accountable makes it hard to root for them. If you can't turn a team around in the span of time that he's had to work with you shouldn't still be employed.

I'm definitely adopting the Kraken, Seattle is a fantastic city with incredible fans. I can't wait until it's easier to travel so I can make it down for some games. Kraken game on a Saturday night, Seahawks on Sunday, it'll be awesome! Excited for the expansion draft.

Reactions: gameface

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Out of the Canucks available I'd take MacEwen. He's basically the ceiling for either Lind or Gadjovich.

unless you want to do us a solid and take Holtby...
As a Canuck fan I’d hope Seattle take Holtby.

If the Virtanen allegations turn out to be unfounded then him— of the players available I think he has the best utility to Seattle.

In reality Holtby isn’t the right pick and Virtanen’s allegations are still under investigation so I’d stay clear. Lind and Gadjovich are too slow. MacEwan’s got speed, size and decent hands and before last season had good underlying numbers. I agree he’s the best pick in that case.

Reactions: gameface

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Holtby's garbage. He's lost it. Waste of a spot. I just quickly skimmed through the list of potential G and I saw a dozen younger, better, cheaper goalies out there.

Virtanen...I don't think there's ever really going to be a conclusive resolution to his situation. It's a he said/she said from years ago. But I'd still take MacEwen over him at this point.

Reactions: J Corso

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
It really doesn't matter who gets taken from the Canucks, they pretty much all suck.

Best strategy is go through the lists of the other teams and picks actual players they want and leave the nucks for last. At that point you look for any requirements that aren't met and maybe choose based on that such as minimum contracts, minimum forwards, defense, cap hit and so on.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Wait a minute, I just realized something. The Kraken can sign Edler or Hamonic and that counts as the Canucks' expansion pick, right? There you go. Get Edler if you're short a vet depth LD, Hamonic if short on RD. $1.5 mil , maybe 2 per year on a short deal, hell yeah. You'll be laughing. Much like Tanev, if you get Edler away from the all-everything role all the time like he's had here, he'll be great. He's always refused to waive his NTC in the past due to not wanting to uproot his family here, but Seattle? Right down the road.

Yeah. Either one of those guys would be a great pickup for a depth role. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
To our northern neighbors, who should Seattle take: Lind or Gadjovich?

Canucks might be a team you just take some pending UFA who isn't going to sign. Complete dearth of any talent exposed. Unless there's a side deal to ship Holtby off for some picks, not sure it's worth going after Gadjovich or Lind who will both require waivers to go to the AHL and 100% will not be making the 23 man roster for Seattle.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Leafs fans incoming as well? I've seen a couple of reddit threads ;)
I’m a lifelong suffering Leaf fan who might jump ship, I’ll never see the Leafs win another cup, thinking a fresh start is in order?

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
If I'm Ron Francis, I totally throw a 9.5 mil x 5 year offersheet at Elias Pettersson. You give up 2 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder but gain a legitimate 1st line center. Vancouver would either be screwed if they signed that...which may allow you to stock picks via cap dumps.

Canucks easily take the picks and the cap space.

pettersson is a winner but that’s a lot of picks

Dumb Nuck

Apr 17, 2015
North Vancouver
Been to the first ever Canucks game and thousands since then, I always have been and always will be a Canucks fan but I am looking forward to developing a strong hatred for the Kraken. Til then, good luck, it’ll be nice to have an opponent close by.

Reactions: DanoCanuck

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
This. So much this. When the GM is celebrated by shills because next year he gets to rid himself of long term dead weight albatross contracts HE himself SIGNED, you know we’ve suffered long enough.

Go Kraken!

I've seen some people say they're switching allegiance, but I've said that more than a few times over the decades, and I still cheer for the Canucks. As of now. But honestly? Until the puck drops on the first ever Kraken/Canucks game, I won't know who I'm going to be cheering for. I truly, deeply don't know how I'm going to react.

I've surprised myself sometimes.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If I'm Ron Francis, I totally throw a 9.5 mil x 5 year offersheet at Elias Pettersson. You give up 2 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder but gain a legitimate 1st line center. Vancouver would either be screwed if they signed that...which may allow you to stock picks via cap dumps.

If I'm any NHL gm, I'm calling Benning and putting visions of big name vet UFAs and sugarplums into his brain. Let him spend a little bit more money. Wait until he signs Hughes. Then see how much cap space is left. You could probably shave those numbers down quite a bit.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Too many similar avatars so I decided to make mine distinctive. Happy how it turned out.

And in related news actually got a warning in Canucksland for posting that I don't care about stupid moves that team makes anymore. Only official drink the koolaid posts allowed I guess. Everything is wonderful and has always been wonderful! All Hail Genius Jim! Already half way through the 20 year rebuild! In just ten more short years this team will be a genuine threat to make the playoffs!

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
I've been checked out on Vancouver for a very long time. I think about what the team could be today if they'd applied some long-term planning and it hurts.

The real deciding factor for me, though, is that my avatar is a far better match for the Kraken colours.

LogicalOrca

Jul 25, 2021
Oh, and also the hfCanucks board is a total cesspool of stupidity, circular arguments, pro-management sock puppet accounts that are constantly being churned out by the same two or three people over and over and over again while the mods twiddle their thumbs, and I'm just sick of it.

Have you been to forum.canucks.com? Any post you make that comes remotely close to questioning Jimbo's moves leads to a permaban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->