Former Canuck Fan Jamboree

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Been to Seahawks and Sounders games.

Just like music...Seattle also does sports better than Vancouver.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If I'm Ron Francis, I totally throw a 9.5 mil x 5 year offersheet at Elias Pettersson. You give up 2 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder but gain a legitimate 1st line center. Vancouver would either be screwed if they signed that...which may allow you to stock picks via cap dumps.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
If I'm Ron Francis, I totally throw a 9.5 mil x 5 year offersheet at Elias Pettersson. You give up 2 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder but gain a legitimate 1st line center. Vancouver would either be screwed if they signed that...which may allow you to stock picks via cap dumps.
9.5 million is a bargain for Petterson, i expect something around 10 million.

Hockeyfanforever

Jun 25, 2015
Also quit the Canucks after the announcement today hopping on the kraken train anyone know where I can get Seattle kraken merchandise for a good price either in the GVA area or online Other than the nhl store ‍♂️

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks. Long time away.

Vancouver would just match a 9.5 offer. Almost every offer sheet ever has been matched, you have to massively overpay to get the guy. And then you've pretty much screwed your own team.
Canucks will be in cap hell if they match that

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I love the colors, I love the way the arena is going to look, and most importantly, I’ve heard nothing but good things about how Seattle wants to “do it right”, and are picking the best management for it.

Hello fellow Kraken fans!

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Thanks. Long time away.

Vancouver would just match a 9.5 offer. Almost every offer sheet ever has been matched, you have to massively overpay to get the guy. And then you've pretty much screwed your own team.

If they match, then they have roughly 5 mil in cap space to re-sign Hughes, 4 forwards and 3 defensemen.

The Canucks are in cap hell. You can literally command a crapload of picks and prospects to get them out of it.

Reactions: DS7 and alicia

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure if I can switch teams from the team I've followed since I was 6 years old. But we're in Seattle a couple times/year en route to Bend for mountain biking or just Xmas shopping and will probably go to a game or two and see if it takes. I'll definitely pay money to see a Kraken game before a Canuck game.

The big thing for Seattle in breaking into the Vancouver market will be accessibility. I'm a Blue Jays fan but kind of hate it ... but the Blue Jays are easily to follow because every game is available in this market with tons of bonus coverage plus Blue Jays in 30 is genius, while the Mariners (who I really want to cheer for) are a hard-to-follow mystery by comparison. If Seattle gets all 82 games on TSN in this market ... that will make things interesting.

Last edited:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I spent my youth shuttling between BC and Washington State and as a result probably have richer emotional ties than many of you to the region (not to mention grew up cheering for the Mariners, Seahawks and Sonics), but I still think I can't do it... perhaps it's because I live in another NHL city (barely, heh) or just because all this has left too sour a taste in my mouth to want to continue following the sport for a while.

I will certainly take some interest in how the Kraken perform early, though. If nothing else here's hoping it's a huge wake-up call to the Aquilinis. But at this point they have 47 alarm clocks blaring in their ears, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Reactions: gameface
May 31, 2006
Looking forward to following the Kraken starting with the expansion draft!

Any media members worth following on Twitter? Need to get up to speed!

kyru

Oct 19, 2017
Can I come too? Been quietly following the Canucks mgmt gong show and don't want to deal with another year (or more?) of Benning.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So Benning's staying with the Canucks, eh?

Hope a couple of you stick around, even if we aren't that great to start with.

Chris Daniels has been sharp from the start. If you’re into podcasts, Sound of Hockey is very entertaining and intelligent too.

You could also look at Cheap Seats Sports and EmeraldCityHockey on youtube for some information.
Especially for the expansion draft.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I’ve been a Canucks fan since puck drop in 1970, but if all of Frankie, Benning, and Green stay, and Ian Clark goes, I’m done until there’s a new owner (not just a different Aquilini).

Half my heart is already in Seattle, as I’ve followed the Seahawks and Mariners since their inaugural seasons.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I knew game nights at the CP Arena would see a share of people from B.C., but I wasn't expecting them to be pulling for us.
Gotta wear our sweater, though.;)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Oh hell no. We aren't throwing away the future for 1 player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Oh hell no. We aren't throwing away the future for 1 player.
The beauty of it is that Jimbo would be forced to match due to overwhelming pressure from ownership. Then Seattle and other teams with cap space would be licking their chops because Vancouver would be desperately trying to clear out cap space which leave the doors open to make predatory trades to take picks for Vancouver in exchange for short 1-2 year cap dumps along with cheap serviceable players like JT Miller for next to nothing.

Reactions: DS7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad