Waived: Forget Gomez, Heres Tim Connolly.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
You're assuming either one accepts a 900k offer. I don't think that happens, I think you pay at least 1.5-2 for either one.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
He is reportedly being bought out so you could have either at 900k
Hmm...

Pretty sure I'd take Connolly over Gomez then.

You're assuming either one accepts a 900k offer. I don't think that happens, I think you pay at least 1.5-2 for either one.
You're assuming that some other NHL team will offer either one of them a contract, never mind for more than league minimum. I don't think that happens unless some other team is worse off at centre than Calgary is.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
McKenzie has Gomez potentially signing as early as tomorrow, with Anaheim and Carolina as the two likely suitors. Redden could sign as early as tonight, with LA, Toronto, Florida and St.Louis as contenders.

All I can say, thankfully the Flames aren't rumored to be involved in either case.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'd like to see Backlund on the wing, so I'm OK with either or for a fair price. Horak is the only prospect I would like to see get called up anyways.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Hmm...

Pretty sure I'd take Connolly over Gomez then.

You're assuming that some other NHL team will offer either one of them a contract, never mind for more than league minimum. I don't think that happens unless some other team is worse off at centre than Calgary is.

No, its not going to be simply against what any NHL team offers them, they might just goto the KHL in that case if they get lowballed and the KHL offers like 3-4 million just to prove a point of getting NHL players. Thats why I don't think you see them accepting league minimums unless its really a case of them wanting to stay in the NHL.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
No, its not going to be simply against what any NHL team offers them, they might just goto the KHL in that case if they get lowballed and the KHL offers like 3-4 million just to prove a point of getting NHL players. Thats why I don't think you see them accepting league minimums unless its really a case of them wanting to stay in the NHL.

Gomez is making 7 million this season I doubt he really cares about going to the KHL and trying to get more money the guy is loaded.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
No connolly and no gomez please.
we dont need these over the hill, under productive losers cloggingup our line up.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
I'd take Gomez over Connoly, and I don't really want Gomez. Connoly is made of glass

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It's not all about the money for some of these guys.

For many of the North American players the KHL is a non starter, especially those who have kids / spouses / family here and even moreso for those who get multi-millions to not play. Buyout money + league minimum (hell even AHL salary) + North American lifestyle would definitely outweigh leaving your family for a few dollars more. They may even be consider it more worthwhile sitting on a couch for the year earning nothing to spend more time with the family.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You can't while he is in the NCAA.

1336327991491.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad