Forget Beating The Avs, Possibly Columbus' Biggest Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
my guess is Zherdev gets to play in the NHL

EDIT:
http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&stream=sl_news&id=136

According to Sport-Express hearing part of the arbitration case was lost by Russian side.

In case of the ruling being in favor of NHL the real side which will suffer the most will be young Russian players who will definitely be conscripted as soon as they turn 18 and the Russian clubs will make sure the process will be "without violations" from now on.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
internet translation

HOCKEY

THE "MATTER IS THIN-POLE" WE, IT IS SIMILAR, THEY LOST

Boris TOSUNYAN

from Zurich

On Thursday and Friday in the conference- center of the airport
in Kloten, which is the suburb of Zurich, passed arbitration trial between THE TSSKA (CENTRAL SPORTS CLUB OF THE
ARMY) and the club NKHL "kolambus of Blue Dzhekets" in the "matter it
was thin-pole".

As is known, On 30 November of past year this hockey player arbitrarily left
Russian command and left for the ocean.

Officially trial was called name "FKHR and IIKHF against NKHL". "se" became known some details of arbitral procedure. During the first day the arguments of each of the sides were heard, and yesterday they took place rotting.

26 February, Thursday. Hearings continued for 12 it was hour (from 9 mornings to 9 in the
evening).

Presided the independent arbiter from Switzerland Stefan nettsl', in the past the champion of peace of rowing, a participant in the Olympiad -80 in Moscow, now the arbiter of the highest sport law court. From the overseas side they came out the Vice President OF NKHL Of
bill Of deyli, the assistant of general manager "kolambusa" Dzhim Clark, Moscow attorney Oleg sorokin himself Nikolai zherdev.

Hockey player, in particular, he said, what entire present season it was assembled to conduct in THE TSSKA
(CENTRAL SPORTS CLUB OF THE ARMY). The solution about the departure for the ocean was by spontaneous and
in many respects caused wrong, in the opinion it is thin-pole, by the attitude toward it of the senior trainer of the army command of
Vasiliy Tikhonov.

From the Russian side at the arbitration hearings appeared the chief
for lawful management OKR of Aleksandr brilliantov and the Vice
President of guardian advice KHK of the TscSka (Central Sports Club of
the Army) Valerie Gushchin. Special emphasis they laid on that, that it is thin-pole he is soldier and, consequently, it does not have the right to play in NKHL. Arguments appeared convincing. To those times, was thus far not heard Sorokin.

It focused attention of the independent arbiter to a whole series of
serious errors, allowed with the call it is thin-pole into the army. Given by attorney facts, moreover with the reference to the concrete articles of Russian
legislation, and also the conclusions of the Moscow military prosecutor's office
proved, that nevertheless it is not possible to consider the hockey player
soldier. Furthermore, at the session it became known, that on 19 February, i.e., in the week prior to the beginning of hearings, from the military prosecutor's office of Moscow in NKHL was directed
the letter, in which it is said, that it is thin-pole it is called into the army with the disturbance
of rules usual in such cases.

27 February, Friday. Hearings continued for 10 it was hour (from 9 mornings to 7 in the
evening).

The independent arbiter during this day thoroughly studied the
positions of sides - with the fact, in order to formulate the specific opinion. It were met individually with each interested face Of nettsl' (on the
average conversation it continued about a half hour). In all from the Russian side on the audience in arbiter was 5 people, from the overseas - 6. Toward the end of day both delegations already fairly was nervous - in
many were tickets to the evening air flights.

Nettsl' asked participants in the hearings to the official declaration
of the final solution to restrain from any commentaries.

P.S. The solution by the "matter it is thin-pole" the arbiter Of nettsl' it
will take 72 hours after the end of judicial trial, i.e., IIKHF and FKHR, most likely, they will be informed about it on Monday in the second-half of day. However, it is not difficult to assume, what this solution will become. Indeed the basic argument of Russian side about that, that it is thin-pole he is soldier, however, it was dethroned Russian by jurist and procuratorship. Commentaries, as the saying goes, they are superfluous.

© with the use of materials of the newspaper reference on "Sport-
express" is required.

translation | the tape of news | results | newspaper | its column |
photo-gallery | sport for TV archiveSearch | contact | we recommend | games "se" | information "se" | of
news TDK the leader of composite | competition "Athens -2004" | Golden
Foot | advertisement | to the main thing

© PRIVATELY HELD COMPANY Sport- express 1999-2004

it seems like it says the russian argument lost and that "thin-pole" is zherdev... what kind of translation is thin-pole

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
could you imagine how hard learning russian would be? my God my head hurts after reading that. and what in the hell is a "thin pole". it must mean "slippery slope"

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
I seriously hope that Columbus gets him a team of very good body guards.

I would not want to see a young and talented player killed because of some dispute from his homeland.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
NIKandRIk said:
could you imagine how hard learning russian would be? my God my head hurts after reading that. and what in the hell is a "thin pole". it must mean "slippery slope"

"a thin pole" is the Babelfish translation of Zherdev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->