Forecaster's Top 75 Stars of Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Caniacforever said:
From all accounts i've heard, Magnus Kahnberg plays a game more like Daniel Alfredson. He's not as flashy as Huselius, but he puts up some huge goals and great numbers. I'm hoping this guy hasn't fallen off JR's radar though, maybe his presence on this list will give the guy a little more publicity. He at the very least deserves a training camp over here. I'm not too sure if he even wants to come though, as he is increasing in age.
Eeh, why wouldn´t he want to play in the NHL...? Training camp... :blush:

This kid is having his best season in Sweden so far and will most likely play for Sweden at next years World Championships, I´ll bet that Hurricanes GM will attend that tournament.

158.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=303

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Are you meant to be a subscriber to see the list? I clicked on the link but I dont see the list anywhere.

Dr_Chimera*

montreal said:
What? Korneev will be 20 in June, so he wasn't playing in any recent U-18's, unless you consider last year recent. I thought he was impressive at the WJC's last year, but I'm surprised he's on the list.

Well, I shouldn't have said recent. It was about 1.5, 2 years ago.

Dr_Chimera*

Volchenkov said:
Igor Mirnov at 24 and Kaigorodov at 38.

Seems like someone there (Pierre McGuire?) is a sens fan.

Nah, I don't think McGuire made that list.

He's too bright to make something this bad.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
Dr_Chimera said:

certainly, but it could have been a compilation, one in which he had a say about who should be added and who left off. You're probably right, but someone there loves the sens.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Stay cool guys. These lists are just a pretext to debate and have fun. And so we all do.

We would publish a list of the ACTUAL 75 best NHLers and we would debate for weeks and weeks. So we should not be surprised to not agree on the names listed for the FUTURE NHLers.

That said, I'm surprised with some picks of Forcaster. Perezhogin is in the 40's just because he did not play well his 20 or so gaes in AHL. Kastsytsin so high...

The main concern could be about Ovechkin and Crosby. The latter is listed ahead of the Russian. I have seen both play. I love the Russian. But I think if I had the choice to select a player to build a team, I would select Crosby.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Kronblom said:
Eeh, why wouldn´t he want to play in the NHL...? Training camp... :blush:

This kid is having his best season in Sweden so far and will most likely play for Sweden at next years World Championships, I´ll bet that Hurricanes GM will attend that tournament.

158.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=303

I meant in no way to imply that Kahnberg deserved ONLY a training camp, I was just saying that he has earned at LEAST that much from the Carolina organization. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm incredibly high on him myself, it takes a special type of player to put up the numbers that he has in the elite league and I hope he comes over next season to play for us. We sure could use him. I also assumed, having no real grounds to do so, that Kahnberg was happy with his team and role in Sweden and maybe would rather stay over there and avoid a potential lockout down here, once again it's just speculation on my part. I've never talked to the kid.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
The cut-off in that case was common sense. Which is in my book the best cutoff to use.

As for the list, yeah, it's flawed but not anymore than some I have seen floating around. All lists are flawed, as a matter of fact. They are doomed from the beginning.

This one just appears a bit more flawed because it is drastically different from the general concensus here at HF.

Concerning Grebeshkov: why are people always clamoring he is too low on every list? The guy is very sound but ordinary.

Biggest surprise for me was seeing Ryan Suter at #40 while Coburn and Phaneuf are 6 and 9 (I think). That's a very bold move that is sure to have a few Preds fan angry. I wouldn't have put him quite that low but yeah, I think Nashville made a mistake and picked the worse of the "big three".

I don't see how this list is so bad in comparison to others.
Was skratching my head at the Suter at 40 while Coburn and Phaneuf were both ranked in the top 10. I was at the draft and was hoping to hear Phaneuf's name called when Poile went to the podium. I was slightly disappointed, but hey the scouts see the prospects more than I do. Suter will turn out all right I think.

DR. Holiday

Dr_Chimera said:

so says the impartial McKeens writer

DR. Holiday

Sorry to disappoint but Justa fan of the forecaster and they don't seem to defend themselves so I thought aI would when a competitor is attacking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->