Forecaster 2005 draft - top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
:lol: Syvret in the 1st?!?! I wouldn't take him till the 6th earliest.

Anytime you get a player after round 2 you have accomplished something great. I think he could go anytime after round 2 maybe 4 because this draft is so deep.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Svyret and Shirokov in the top 30 is a joke, just more proof that a lot of people simply fellate themselves to all things WJC. Although it's no worse than TSN having Nathan Paetch in their top 30 a couple of years ago, which was also a pure team Canada suck-off. Wouldn't surprise me in the least in Svyret is on TSN's list.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
E = CH² said:
Glad to see Latendresse back in the top 10.

Really? I loved when he was ranked lower because I thought we would be able to grab him. Now there's no chance he'll be available when it's our turn to pick.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
fredez said:
Really? I loved when he was ranked lower because I thought we would be able to grab him. Now there's no chance he'll be available when it's our turn to pick.
Just a friendly reminder that is is a mock draft. Latendresse could still drop to 20 or he could move up to 4.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:
Just a friendly reminder that is is a mock draft. Latendresse could still drop to 20 or he could move up to 4.

I know it's a mock, but the general concensus is that his stock is on the rise with his recent performances

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
That's what I noticed. I seriously doubt Shirokov and Syvret make the first round, and if McKardle does it will be a bit lower. From what I've read, I would be surprised if there wasn't a single Russian player picked in the first round this year. Just not a very good crop of players to pick from.

I tend to agree but Istomin, Zubarev, Anikeenko, Belov and a few others could surprise.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I like Syvret, but seeing him projected in the first round makes me remember when Boston drafted Dmitri Kvartalnov in the first round...

I clearly don't see how he could be drafted before the 3rd round...

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Borro's Top 30

Not team based. Choosing for team needs could shuffle this a bit.

1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Brule
4. Ryan
5. Pouliot
6. Latendresse
7. Kopitar-Jason Allison?
8. Staal
9. McArdle-Plucky guy who has whole package in a smallish(NHL terms) body
10.Bourret
11.Rask
12.Skille-NHL player-Next Madden?
13.Price
14.O'Marra-Erie center has grit and talent
15.Bourdon-I like him before Parent
16. Zagrapan-Seems to have adapted well-NHL is a level up.
17.Parent
18.Stoa
19.Bergfors-Competiton level?
20.Lee-Riser
21.Segtoguchi
22.Durand
23.Vincent
24.Lashoff
25.Laakso
26.Trukhno
27.Jackson-Every team needs at least 1
28.Kohn-B etter numbers than I thought
29.Blunden-Gritty game fits NHL style
30.Istomin-Have to have a Russian. Rising of late

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Chipchura said:
McArdle at #9? Shirokov at #29? Syvret at #30? Don't you think those teams would wait and try to nab those 2 undrafted prospects in the later rounds?
Shirokov opted out of last year's draft.

starbuck97

Mar 21, 2005
Originally posted by Jason MacIsaac
Staal and Parent are the most physical, Lee is probably third and Kindle and Bourdon last two.

Is Lee really that physical? What about in terms of hitting and crease clearing? Does anyone think he actually drops the gloves once he turns Pro?

What about Lashoff and Korhonen, how would they rank in that list?

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:

This is not even a mock draft... It's a ranking of the top 30 players available, according to Forecaster.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
starbuck97 said:
Is Lee really that physical? What about in terms of hitting and crease clearing? Does anyone think he actually drops the gloves once he turns Pro?

What about Lashoff and Korhonen, how would they rank in that list?
Its hard to gauge in high school but he is physically dominant at 6`3 205 allready and I think it will take a year or two to adapt that to the college. I think his game is a little like Ron Hainsey with a little more edge.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
KILLger said:
Bourdon has like 226 hits and is among league leaders for hits...
The QMJHL isn't all that accurate in that, atleast I don't find it. I just don't think he is physical in the sense of a Fontaine type player who hits hard. Bourdon is good at seperating the player from the puck and often times they count that as hits. Maybe he is more physical then I give him credit for but not in the games I have seen.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
The QMJHL isn't all that accurate in that, atleast I don't find it. I just don't think he is physical in the sense of a Fontaine type player who hits hard. Bourdon is good at seperating the player from the puck and often times they count that as hits. Maybe he is more physical then I give him credit for but not in the games I have seen.

I dont know how many games you have seen him play but he was by FAR the toughest defenseman for Val d'Or. He does punishing hits every game and can fight when needed. He also have almost 15 goals at only seventeen...he will really dominant next year. :handclap:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Laurentides said:
I dont know how many games you have seen him play but he was by FAR the toughest defenseman for Val d'Or. He does punishing hits every game and can fight when needed. He also have almost 15 goals at only seventeen...he will really dominant next year. :handclap:
I must have cought him on really poor nights three times this season.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Is it just me or are the kitchner rangers really good at turning out Dmen. They have to supposedly going in the first this year and Boris Valabik last year.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Where do people think that Tyler Plante will end up going this year in the draft....or whenever the draft is held.....is there any chance of him cracking the first round???

Hes a big goaltender whos had a huge year for the Wheat Kings....just wondering other peoples thoughts on this kid.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Where do people think that Tyler Plante will end up going this year in the draft....or whenever the draft is held.....is there any chance of him cracking the first round???

Hes a big goaltender whos had a huge year for the Wheat Kings....just wondering other peoples thoughts on this kid.

I'd say he's more likely to be a second-rounder, but first round isn't out of the question. Very under-hyped right now relative to his performance this season. If I had to guess at this point I'd say he goes 35-45, but trying to predict the draft is a pretty futile exercise.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
KILLger said:
They'll probably get to draft somewhere like 8th or so... it's not that bad of a reach, and JR is pretty lame at everything he does.
no doubt. he'll probably take him that high and say "we knew what we wanted - why wait". wouldnt surprise me to see him take omarra or skille though. or a goalie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->