Movies: Ford v Ferrari (November 2019)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
‘Ford v. Ferrari’ Looks Like Awards Contender Based on CinemaCon Preview

John Campea was talking about the footage they showed at Cinemacon and it impressed him and Rob A LOT.

Based on a true story, the film follows an eccentric, determined team of American engineers and designers, led by automotive visionary Carroll Shelby and his British driver, Ken Miles, who are dispatched by Henry Ford II with the mission of building from scratch an entirely new automobile with the potential to finally defeat the perennially dominant Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship.

Reactions: plank

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Wow, surprised, how prestigious was the 24 Hours Le Mans. Now it is only one from many many races.

I don't think that's true, even Spa or Nürburgring 24h don't really come close. Maybe the prestige is mostly limited to motorsport circles, but I don't think there are many racing drivers out there that don't dream of winning at Le Mans as a pinnacle of achievement.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Wow, surprised, how prestigious was the 24 Hours Le Mans. Now it is only one from many many races.

was and still is the most prestigious race in the world. companies are still judged on their ability to build a race car on their LeMans record.

hell, its why GM launched Corvette Racing. To legitimize the Corvette brand as one of the best sports cars in the world, not just the US.

The C5R was what won over Europeans on The Corvette, and what did it was LeMans. They fell in love with the big thundering 427 pushrod V8 roaring down the straights, but more importantly because they won. A lot.

The C5R finished 1st and 2nd in its class 3 straight years at LeMans, and overall Corvette Racing has 8 LeMans wins.

basically, LeMans is still the race that matters above all others

Reactions: CPTN71

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah, Le Mans is still a very big deal. A company like Audi isn't going to devote all that money and research to dominate the race for a decade unless there's a big payoff.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The run-up to the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans is a great true story so hopefully this doesn't get unnecessary Hollywood drama put into the film. Looking forward to this story getting the full benefit of modern cinematic technology on the big screen. Hopefully it looks fantastic.

Also, that '66 Le Mans race had a ridiculous amount of mechanical, engineering and driving talent. Tons of legends behind the wall and wheel.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Looks good, but then again to me anything with Bale in it is amazing.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I really liked it. It really gives Ken Miles the credit and spotlight he deserves as most people know who Shelby is but not Miles.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
My biased opinion: great movie
Ms. Pred's unbiased opinion: "very good, glad you made me go watch it".

Your mileage may vary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad