News Article: For Toronto - By Tyler Bozak

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
For Toronto | By Tyler Bozak

Awe.. Right in the feels.

"I’ll never forget the time we were out one afternoon that summer and these kids — like 15- and 16-year-olds — recognized us. We hadn’t even worn a Leafs jersey yet. I heard them talking to their friends like, “Oh yeah, that’s Bozak. He had 34 points in 41 games for Denver last year. I think he’ll be a good center, but he needs to work on his shot.”

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Loved this article. I used to live in the same building as Phil and Tyler and it was always cool to see them around. I'll miss Tyler, he loved this team.

Reactions: CelticDruid

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
Great article. Gonna miss him. Was a great faceoff man. Was 10x more of player than anyone can expect by signing a kid outta the NCAA. Was the centre for our best lines during those ugly ugly years. Bozak put up with a crapload. It sucks we couldn't have him back as a depth center, but of course, he's way too talented for that.

Hat trick too. No doubt Bozak got it that night.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
He was a soldier for the Leafs during the bad years. 9 yrs man. Thats wild. He'll be missed but it had to be done.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Always took way more criticism than getting credit. Underrated player for us, can’t beleive its been 9 years. I was hoping we could keep him as our 4th line center for a year but that was wishful thinking.

I’ll miss him a lot in the shootouts.

Dynamite Kid

Jun 26, 2018
I wish he had of stayed as our fourth line C. He will be missed on the ice and in the locker room. I never understood the hate.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
One of the best College FA signings in the last decade. Guy was a free wallet for us and turned into a very serviceable player for many years. Proved his success was not just due to Phil Kessel, blues should be happy to have him.

Thanks for everything Tyler Bozak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad