For those who saw these prospects play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prucha73

How would you compare (I am also interested how much the linemates of each player affected their scoring):

Wolski vs Schremp vs Picard vs Tukonen

Wolski and Picard vs Rick Nash (during his draft year)

Ladd vs Chipchura vs Stafford

Radulov vs Tukonen

Zajac vs Wheeler vs Chuko

Berti vs Meidl vs Seitsonen vs Garlock vs Bickell

Dubinsky(which round will he go in and why is he ranked so low?) vs Schremp vs Bolland

Salmonsson vs Sodenberg vs Sindel

Also how many defensemen and goalies will go in the 1st round?

Is there something wrong with Wolski, why does he get no attention?

Which forwards are the best passers/playmakers in this draft?

Can anybody explain what is so good about Olesz--he was able to score only one goal in 35 games, doesn't that concern anyone?

Thanks

Prucha73

and maybe if you can rate from 0 to 10 the aspects of each of the above mentioned player's game: speed, quickness, vision, passing, scoring/shooting accuracy, checking, balance, intelligence, work ethic, toughness/injury resistance, stickhandling, defense, NHL potential/room for improvement, consistancy, attitude, etc.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I think it's that you're asking for an incredible amount of stuff. And I'm not sure a whole lot of people here get to see many players from a lot of different leagues.

Prucha73

I will be happy with any first hand info abouth these prospects, nobody has to answer everything if they don't know or don't have the time.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Check out RussianProspects for Radulov information - they just put up a nice recap of the his performance (along with the rest of his line - Voloshenko and Yunkov) at the U18 WJC.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I won't compare Stafford with the other guys, because I have yet to see those guys play. However, I did see quite a bit of Stafford this past season. He played on all four UND lines with a variety of different linemates and it didn't seem to matter who he played with because he was effective and still made the plays no matter where he was placed on the roster on a given night.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oilers Chick said:
I won't compare Stafford with the other guys, because I have yet to see those guys play. However, I did see quite a bit of Stafford this past season. He played on all four UND lines with a variety of different linemates and it didn't seem to matter who he played with because he was effective and still made the plays no matter where he was placed on the roster on a given night.

I like Stafford. He's one of the safest picks in the draft, IMHO. He has a solid all around game.

Does he have a mean streak at all yet? I've only seen him a few times and couldn't really tell. I know he didn't shy away from physical contact or anything.

Prucha73

Reveille said:
I like Stafford. He's one of the safest picks in the draft, IMHO. He has a solid all around game.

Does he have a mean streak at all yet? I've only seen him a few times and couldn't really tell. I know he didn't shy away from physical contact or anything.

He didn't produce a lot of points this season, is it because of lack of quality icetime or he does not have great offensive skills?

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
He didn't produce a lot of points this season, is it because of lack of quality icetime or he does not have great offensive skills?

Stafford wasn't on the top PP unit, and played at times on the second unit. The main reason for his "low" production is that he was a 17-year old playing in a league where most of the players are 19-24. He has a very dynamic move to the outside; he has a gear that you don't expect from someone his size and it enables him to get around a defenseman and generate a good chance. He doesn't seem to have eye-popping puck skills, just a solid game all around.

Prucha73

jake1 said:
Stafford wasn't on the top PP unit, and played at times on the second unit. The main reason for his "low" production is that he was a 17-year old playing in a league where most of the players are 19-24. He has a very dynamic move to the outside; he has a gear that you don't expect from someone his size and it enables him to get around a defenseman and generate a good chance. He doesn't seem to have eye-popping puck skills, just a solid game all around.

he was 18 year old actually

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
he was 18 year old actually
He started as a 17-year old, with a 10-30-85 DOB. I could only find a handful of NCAA players who were younger last year, with the only notable ones being Hensick, Thelen and O'Neill. So out of about 1,400 NCAA Division I hockey players last year, he was among the 10 youngest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->