For the stats haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
db23 said:
Locke didn't opt in, Doughhead. Both of them had serious injuries in their draft year, which affected their point totals, but Chipchura because of his size, his history and his all round game decided to pot in since he was still assured of being a first round pick. Locke was a year older when he had his big season, and everything went right for him. He was also about 6 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter than Chipchura without the same defensive game or leadership skills. I think that Locke will play in the NHL before any of the players Montreal picked ahead of him last season.

Who knows, maybe a healthy Chipchura will score over 100 points next season and the Habs will have themselves a steal.

You still havent proven anything, in fact you are disproving stats have everything to do with draft position by you quoting sizes.

According to you size shouldnt matter as long as you get tons of pts.

You wont be able to persuade anyone that stats matter as much as you think because there are endless examples how stats dont matter.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
db23 said:
Locke didn't opt in, Doughhead. Both of them had serious injuries in their draft year, which affected their point totals, but Chipchura because of his size, his history and his all round game decided to pot in since he was still assured of being a first round pick. Locke was a year older when he had his big season, and everything went right for him. He was also about 6 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter than Chipchura without the same defensive game or leadership skills. I think that Locke will play in the NHL before any of the players Montreal picked ahead of him last season.

Who knows, maybe a healthy Chipchura will score over 100 points next season and the Habs will have themselves a steal.

Those don't sound like stats to me. And you've just disproved your own argument.

You state that racking up the points was a surefire way to increade your draft ranking, using examples of Zajac and Chucko etc. Then you say that Locke was rated low because he only scored 50 points in his first draft yeat, a year he didn't even opt into. Using your arguments, he should have been a guaranteed first rounder.

Now you're saying that Locke wasn't picked in the first round because he doesn't have the same intangibles as a guy like Chipchura, which is what everybody else has been telling you and that stats aren't that important.

Do you want to continue tryuing to sell your flawed argument.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Roughneck said:
Those don't sound like stats to me. And you've just disproved your own argument.

You state that racking up the points was a surefire way to increade your draft ranking, using examples of Zajac and Chucko etc. Then you say that Locke was rated low because he only scored 50 points in his first draft yeat, a year he didn't even opt into. Using your arguments, he should have been a guaranteed first rounder.

Now you're saying that Locke wasn't picked in the first round because he doesn't have the same intangibles as a guy like Chipchura, which is what everybody else has been telling you and that stats aren't that important.

Do you want to continue tryuing to sell your flawed argument.

LOL i know, thats what happens when your argument is **** :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad