For the sake of conjecture

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Let's say Wings upset the Bolts and we end up losing in the first round again.

Do you think there will be any changes at all? Philosophy ? Roster changes ? Types of player targeted ?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Do you think there will be any changes at all? Philosophy ? Roster changes ? Types of player targeted ?

Depends how we lose.

If we get outcoached, outsmarted, and outworked like last year, yes. If we play our game and get beat by a hot PP or Mrazek decides he isn't going to let any pucks by him, then we stick with it and try again next year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I think if we get swept yes if we go 6 or 7 games no

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree that it depends on how we lose. But I think we would chalk most losses up to inexperience. I can't see us making major changes to philosophy just yet. Maybe if it were to happen again next year. But right now, we're depending on a whole lot of kids, and that problem tends to work itself out as kids get experience.

I think the only way we make changes based on this series performances (in a loss) is if very specific problems show up. Like, say, if Bishop turns into Lindback. Or maybe if the PP goes ice cold again and it costs us the series. Remember, last year, beyond Lindback, one of our major problems was several of our depth defensemen were getting blown by on the outside. If something like that shows up, I think Yzerman will address it again.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I agree that it depends on how we lose. But I think we would chalk most losses up to inexperience. I can't see us making major changes to philosophy just yet. Maybe if it were to happen again next year. But right now, we're depending on a whole lot of kids, and that problem tends to work itself out as kids get experience.

I think the only way we make changes based on this series performances (in a loss) is if very specific problems show up. Like, say, if Bishop turns into Lindback. Or maybe if the PP goes ice cold again and it costs us the series. Remember, last year, beyond Lindback, one of our major problems was several of our depth defensemen were getting blown by on the outside. If something like that shows up, I think Yzerman will address it again.
only thing i could see happen is if pp goes ice cold i agree with you there on that. maybe then yzerman gets a new guy on the bench with cooper. Or he brings in a legit pp qb in the off season. But I don't expect major changes this offseason most of that happened last year. Steve yzerman has got the team he wants maybe he grabs a pp qb.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

i dont know the plan dont always agree or get the plan but the plan is in place already and we can just go back to all the signed contracts for how much and how long etc..

looking those types of things over and seeing the players weve already added and moved should give you some type of understanding

with that i dont see a whole lot of change this next season based on think they feel have things close to lock down

now is other teams can get stupid and steve might take advantage lol but unless that happens?

i think this team will stay same for a year

we have slater koekkoek tony d erne marshmallow among many others pushing ahead as soon as next year.

i really dont see a lot to chase is more got to pay dues get closer overcome adversary etc.. and losing in playoffs usually handles a lot of those things:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad