For the playoffs? MacKinnon or McDavid

Which one do you take for the playoffs?

• Total voters

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Suspect in his own zone.....the giveaway in game 4 was in the offensive zone lol (and there's no such thing as an offensive zone giveaway).

It's McDavid for me as an Avs fan, best offensive player in a couple decades and it's not like he's bad defensively or Mac is some selke winner. One thing I will say though is McDavid's playmaking instincts are better than his goal scoring which is an issue when your teammate has only one other guy capable of scoring at a 30 goal pace lol.

Give McDavid Rantanen/Lando or even Saad and Bura as linemates rather than just Draisitl and he's putting up points all day.

The f***?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Playoffs

Mack: 63 points in 44 games = 117 points / 82 games

McD: 22 points in 21 games = 86 points / 82 games.

Why would we be joking when we vote for mack?
Connor McDavid is on an entirely different level than anyone else. You take him, full stop.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
We don't have a large enough sample of Connor in the playoffs to make any judgement that playoff McD is different from regular season McD. And regular season McD is comically good right now.

Part of the reason the sample is so small is because mcd hasn't produced that well.

Mack has been a factor every single playoff he's been in.

I'm not surprised 70% choose mack for post season.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The mental gymnastics that some are going to in-order to still say McDavid is something else.

He's amazing, but until he proves he has an extra gear come playoff time, it's not him.

Doesn't help that MacKinnon seemingly has 3 extra gears he hits once the postseason approaches.

Reactions: Habano and Mbraunm

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
MacKinnon is more of a power horse and mentally tougher I believe. McDavid is a Top 10 player but he needs to work on his attitude.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
MacK. But it took a couple years for MacK to hit his playoff prime. It’s not a fair judgement at this point in time as McDavid has plenty of time left to get his playoff game up to par.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Kind of seems McDavids more finesse style of play is easier to game plan for and it doesn't help not as much stuff gets called in the playoffs. Mack just seems like a raging bull out there and obviously the Avs are stacked.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Some real hot takes and the poll results are a joke. McDavid is the best player in the league hands down. This is a team game, people need to look at the respective teams before they spout off.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
All I ever hear from oiler fans is that drai is the 2nd best player in the league.

Now they complain that mcdavid is at a disadvantage due to teams.

Imagine if mack got to play with the 2nd best player lmao

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
All I ever hear from oiler fans is that drai is the 2nd best player in the league.

Now they complain that mcdavid is at a disadvantage due to teams.

Imagine if mack got to play with the 2nd best player lmao
You should really read through the thread, lots of fans take the time to consider the teams makeup.

This isn’t basketball, your embarrassing yourself.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
MacKinnon has proved to be a complete playoff monster, while McDavid has not. This is a really easy answer until McDavid shows up..

Reactions: Lemonlimey

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Some real hot takes and the poll results are a joke. McDavid is the best player in the league hands down. This is a team game, people need to look at the respective teams before they spout off.

Playoffs are a different animal. McDavid's game excels when there is less tight checking, less defensive focus which reduces the effectiveness of his best skill.

Would not be surprised if he doesn't reach the same level of dominance in the playoffs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It’s really not close like at all. Mcdavid has proven in regular seasons that he can be better than everyone else, but he hasn’t once come close to proving he can be as good as Mackinnon in the playoffs.

The question if best player in the world is completely different. But asking who’s better in the playoffs is quite easy. It’s Mackinnon unless Mcdavid at some point can prove it isn’t.

1.47ppg through 45 playoff games vs 1.05ppg through 21 playoff games. How is this even a question? Especially when Mackinnon is better at all the other parts of the game aside from offensive talent.

Mcdavid has a lifetime ahead of him to step it up and I think he will but he hasn’t yet.

Mar 26, 2010
This poll should be locked. The obvious answer is MacKinnon. It is not remotely close.

Reactions: Garthinater

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
You should really read through the thread, lots of fans take the time to consider the teams makeup.

This isn’t basketball, your embarrassing yourself.

Lol Naw the only ones embarrassing themselves are the oiler fans but that has become common at this point.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I would like to see Mcdavid with Rants and Landy how this line would go but so far I don't think there's a player I would take over Mack in the playoffs. This wasn't updated but Mack is at 1,47 PPG in the playoffs.
z3pst4ffisz61.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->