For the Philadelphia Flyers, K’Andre Miller is a worthy risk

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What are your guys thoughts on RHD Nils Lundkvist? Not necessarily your thoughts pertaining to the Flyers drafting him, just your analysis of his game. He’s one of my favorite in this draft class. He meets the 51% rule that’s highlighted in this article.

Which Swedes fit the 51% rule at the 2017 NHL Entry Draft?

That makes me feel really good about Hogberg, 18 years old, 0.14 ppg in the SHL (.11 at 17).
Bernhardt is a bit more on the edge turned 19 in December in his first SHL appearance.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

Excellent video showing Miller's shifts in a game from this season. All his gifts are on full display here. Some warts as well.

Reactions: BigToe and Magua

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent video showing Miller's shifts in a game from this season. All his gifts are on full display here. Some warts as well.

Well i can tell you this , they won't be picking one of his poorer games to show us , it's a promotional video take it with a grain as salt.

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Well i can tell you this , they won't be picking one of his poorer games to show us , it's a promotional video take it with a grain as salt.

I have seen K'Andre almost 20 times this year. I watched that shift video earlier. I don't know if I saw that game or not; I don't think so. But it was a totally average game from him. There really wasn't anything highlight exceptional, no scoring plays, and as Ted said, there are mistakes in it too and goals against. There are also consistently good things he does, along with the odd flash or two that gets the imagination going. It's not a promotional video; it's actually a good, average viewing.

I've said this before, but his mediocre games were never really mediocre. Though his great games were never mind blowing to me either and partly why I'm not as high on the offensive ceiling as others. But he kept close to his baseline and what you see in that video.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I have seen K'Andre almost 20 times this year. I watched that shift video earlier. I don't know if I saw that game or not; I don't think so. But it was a totally average game from him. There really wasn't anything highlight exceptional, no scoring plays, and as Ted said, there are mistakes in it too and goals against. There are also consistently good things he does, along with the odd flash or two that gets the imagination going. It's not a promotional video; it's actually a good, average viewing.

I've said this before, but his mediocre games were never really mediocre. Though his great games were never mind blowing to me either and partly why I'm not as high on the offensive ceiling as others. But he kept close to his baseline and what you see in that video.

If it were a promotional video the only thing being shown would be good plays by him. There was a bad turnover, goals against, a rush where he was woefully out of position. Very solid stuff from him and some pretty bad plays too. I’m glad it isn’t a promotional video actually. Those gloss over flaws.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

I have only seen him play three times this last year. Two were ok one was not great, there was nothing that screamed out 19th overall . There will be better players avaliable there. Now i am not saying he won't work out in the end but he is a project and i am not fond of first round projects. Teams that are near the top and are deep can afford to draft first round projects we can't . imo of course

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have only seen him play three times this last year. Two were ok one was not great, there was nothing that screamed out 19th overall . There will be better players avaliable there. Now i am not saying he won't work out in the end but he is a project and i am not fond of first round projects. Teams that are near the top and are deep can afford to draft first round projects we can't . imo of course

I don't think he's a project though. Serron Noel is a massive project. Miller is a good d-man who just needs fine tuning in certain technical aspects and further exploration of (plausible) upside. I actually view his floor as relatively high.

I'm on Team Berggren anyway. :yo:

TB87

May 30, 2018

I saw him about 10 times in the second half of the USTDP season. I can’t speak to how he performed in the fall. From my viewings, he was the second best USTDP defenseman in his own zone. Mattias Samuelsson was the first. Miller was the best in the NZ by far. Im open to most players at 19 (not Wilde). Which “better” players

TB87

May 30, 2018
I saw him about 10 times in the second half of the USTDP season. I can’t speak to how he performed in the fall. From my viewings, he was the second best USTDP defenseman in his own zone. Mattias Samuelsson was the first. Miller was the best in the NZ by far. Im open to most players at 19 (not Wilde). Which “better” players
In your eyes would be available and are a better option?

TB87

May 30, 2018
I don't think he's a project though. Serron Noel is a massive project. Miller is a good d-man who just needs fine tuning in certain technical aspects and further exploration of (plausible) upside. I actually view his floor as very high.

I'm on Team Berggren anyway. :yo:

I’d lose my mind if they draft Berggren at 19. He’s a great player!!

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d lose my mind if they draft Berggren at 19. He’s a great player!!

I already made a gif.

8OZEFe6.gif

My ideal scenario is pulling 2/3 of Kravtsov, Berggren, Farabee at 14/19 (likely Berggren at 19). But I have Berggren the highest ranked and in my top 10. I like players like Kaut and Smith.........I like Miller and Sandin and Lundkvist and all those guys. Whether in trade downs or whatever, they'd all be great picks in a vacuum. I just have Berggren on a different tier. All year his realistic upside has tantalized me like few others. I haven't been this obsessed with an individual player since I had Keller ranked #3 a couple years ago.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I pretty much agree. Miller just doesn't excite me at 19. He's big & strong. He can eat up a lot of ground. But I don't see a big upside to him. It's hard to describe -- I'd say his gross motor skills look good, but I don't like his fine motor skills or his movement in tight areas. I'm also not sold on his anticipation; sometimes he doesn't move his feet when it seems like he should. For picks 14 & 19 in this draft, I'd prefer someone who I think has a higher ceiling.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'd like to figure out a way to trade #19 and get two late first rounders (I know something else would have to be added on our part) cause I'd like to get both Miller and Samuelsson.

I think I dream about Miller putting it all together and becoming some beastly player. Probably won't happen. At least there would be no rush to get him up with the big club.
I'd like to figure out a way to trade #19 and get two late first rounders (I know something else would have to be added on our part) cause I'd like to get both Miller and Samuelsson.

I think I dream about Miller putting it all together and becoming some beastly player. Probably won't happen. At least there would be no rush to get him up with the big club.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I pretty much agree. Miller just doesn't excite me at 19. He's big & strong. He can eat up a lot of ground. But I don't see a big upside to him. It's hard to describe -- I'd say his gross motor skills look good, but I don't like his fine motor skills or his movement in tight areas. I'm also not sold on his anticipation; sometimes he doesn't move his feet when it seems like he should. For picks 14 & 19 in this draft, I'd prefer someone who I think has a higher ceiling.

Which players do you think have higher ceilings? I’d be good with Miller at 19. However, he’s not my first choice either. If they are able to come away with Kravtsov at 14 and Berggren at 19 I’d be ecstatic.

Reactions: BernieParent

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

If that trade did happen, you can bet it won't be for 2 Dmen. It would be for a F and D most likely.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If they are able to come away with Kravtsov at 14 and Berggren at 19 I’d be ecstatic.
I think we all would be.

Which players do you think have higher ceilings? I’d be good with Miller at 19. However, he’s not my first choice either.
I will add that if teams are really as down on Veleno as being reported, I'd happily snap him up at 19.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I already made a gif.

8OZEFe6.gif

My ideal scenario is pulling 2/3 of Kravtsov, Berggren, Farabee at 14/19 (likely Berggren at 19). But I have Berggren the highest ranked and in my top 10. I like players like Kaut and Smith.........I like Miller and Sandin and Lundkvist and all those guys. Whether in trade downs or whatever, they'd all be great picks in a vacuum. I just have Berggren on a different tier. All year his realistic upside has tantalized me like few others. I haven't been this obsessed with an individual player since I had Keller ranked #3 a couple years ago.
You have Miller and Lundkvist on the same tier?

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You have Miller and Lundkvist on the same tier?

Yes, along with Sandin and Tychonick. I have Smith ahead of them all, but honestly you could lump him in too. I would. Someone like Bernard-Docker could be in that tier, if he's anything close to my impression of Tychonick. But having never seen him in-game......

Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Yes, along with Sandin and Tychonick. I have Smith ahead of them all, but honestly you could lump him in too. I would. Someone like Bernard-Docker could be in that tier, if he's anything close to my impression of Tychonick. But having never seen him in-game......

I don’t think they’re close. Although I’ve only seen 3 games of them both.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I haven't seen Berggren rated very high - what is the scoop?

He’s one of the most dangerous forwards 1-on-1 in the draft. Non-stop motor, controlled entries for days, great vision, fast, etc. Read up on him. Scouts are pretty crazy about him. Here’s a video that highlights some of his goals from this past season:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Even the scouts have him pegged between 25-31 at best. I think they're drastically underselling him still. As great as those goals were, he's an even better passer and PP QB. I'll proudly appear stupid saying his game reminds me of some Giroux-Gaudreau hybrid with his puck skills, ability to avoid contact, ability to TAKE contact, and positional soundness. Not going to set that as a realistic expectation ofc, but I do think he has star potential like few non-top 10 picks.

I've literally never seen him have a game in which he wasn't having a dominant impact and forced me to glue my eyes to him.

If you want to see him in-game and not just the highlights, #17 Sweden:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Even the scouts have him pegged between 25-31 at best. I think they're drastically underselling him still. As great as those goals were, he's an even better passer and PP QB. I'll proudly appear stupid saying his game reminds me of some Giroux-Gaudreau hybrid with his puck skills, ability to avoid contact, ability to TAKE contact, and positional soundness. Not going to set that as a realistic expectation ofc, but I do think he has star potential like few non-top 10 picks.

I've literally never seen him have a game in which he wasn't having a dominant impact and forced me to glue my eyes to him.

If you want to see him in-game and not just the highlights, #17 Sweden:
So magua , you a salesman by day and by night. lol Actually i don't have much of an opinion on him but if you really like him i good with that .

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->