For the Philadelphia Flyers, K’Andre Miller is a worthy risk

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Ted Brown, Jun 7, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. deadhead

deadhead Registered User

That makes me feel really good about Hogberg, 18 years old, 0.14 ppg in the SHL (.11 at 17).
    Bernhardt is a bit more on the edge turned 19 in December in his first SHL appearance.

2. Ted Brown

Ted Brown Registered User

Excellent video showing Miller's shifts in a game from this season. All his gifts are on full display here. Some warts as well.

BigToe and Magua like this.
  3. wasup

wasup Registered User

Well i can tell you this , they won't be picking one of his poorer games to show us , it's a promotional video take it with a grain as salt.

4. Magua

Magua 5 For Tomahawking

I have seen K'Andre almost 20 times this year. I watched that shift video earlier. I don't know if I saw that game or not; I don't think so. But it was a totally average game from him. There really wasn't anything highlight exceptional, no scoring plays, and as Ted said, there are mistakes in it too and goals against. There are also consistently good things he does, along with the odd flash or two that gets the imagination going. It's not a promotional video; it's actually a good, average viewing.

I've said this before, but his mediocre games were never really mediocre. Though his great games were never mind blowing to me either and partly why I'm not as high on the offensive ceiling as others. But he kept close to his baseline and what you see in that video.

5. Ted Brown

If it were a promotional video the only thing being shown would be good plays by him. There was a bad turnover, goals against, a rush where he was woefully out of position. Very solid stuff from him and some pretty bad plays too. I’m glad it isn’t a promotional video actually. Those gloss over flaws.

6. wasup

wasup Registered User

I have only seen him play three times this last year. Two were ok one was not great, there was nothing that screamed out 19th overall . There will be better players avaliable there. Now i am not saying he won't work out in the end but he is a project and i am not fond of first round projects. Teams that are near the top and are deep can afford to draft first round projects we can't . imo of course

7. Magua

Magua 5 For Tomahawking

I don't think he's a project though. Serron Noel is a massive project. Miller is a good d-man who just needs fine tuning in certain technical aspects and further exploration of (plausible) upside. I actually view his floor as relatively high.

I'm on Team Berggren anyway. :yo:

8. Ted Brown

I saw him about 10 times in the second half of the USTDP season. I can’t speak to how he performed in the fall. From my viewings, he was the second best USTDP defenseman in his own zone. Mattias Samuelsson was the first. Miller was the best in the NZ by far. Im open to most players at 19 (not Wilde). Which “better” players

9. Ted Brown

In your eyes would be available and are a better option?

10. Ted Brown

I’d lose my mind if they draft Berggren at 19. He’s a great player!!

11. Magua

Magua 5 For Tomahawking

I already made a gif.

[​IMG]

My ideal scenario is pulling 2/3 of Kravtsov, Berggren, Farabee at 14/19 (likely Berggren at 19). But I have Berggren the highest ranked and in my top 10. I like players like Kaut and Smith.........I like Miller and Sandin and Lundkvist and all those guys. Whether in trade downs or whatever, they'd all be great picks in a vacuum. I just have Berggren on a different tier. All year his realistic upside has tantalized me like few others. I haven't been this obsessed with an individual player since I had Keller ranked #3 a couple years ago.

gertbfrobe16 and Ted Brown like this.
  12. Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer Registered User

I pretty much agree. Miller just doesn't excite me at 19. He's big & strong. He can eat up a lot of ground. But I don't see a big upside to him. It's hard to describe -- I'd say his gross motor skills look good, but I don't like his fine motor skills or his movement in tight areas. I'm also not sold on his anticipation; sometimes he doesn't move his feet when it seems like he should. For picks 14 & 19 in this draft, I'd prefer someone who I think has a higher ceiling.

13. Pantokrator

Pantokrator Who's the clown?

I'd like to figure out a way to trade #19 and get two late first rounders (I know something else would have to be added on our part) cause I'd like to get both Miller and Samuelsson.

I think I dream about Miller putting it all together and becoming some beastly player. Probably won't happen. At least there would be no rush to get him up with the big club.
    I'd like to figure out a way to trade #19 and get two late first rounders (I know something else would have to be added on our part) cause I'd like to get both Miller and Samuelsson.

I think I dream about Miller putting it all together and becoming some beastly player. Probably won't happen. At least there would be no rush to get him up with the big club.

14. Ted Brown

Which players do you think have higher ceilings? I’d be good with Miller at 19. However, he’s not my first choice either. If they are able to come away with Kravtsov at 14 and Berggren at 19 I’d be ecstatic.

BernieParent likes this.
  15. Tripod

Tripod Registered User

If that trade did happen, you can bet it won't be for 2 Dmen. It would be for a F and D most likely.

Pantokrator likes this.
  16. Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer Registered User

I think we all would be.

I will add that if teams are really as down on Veleno as being reported, I'd happily snap him up at 19.

17. BigToe

BigToe Registered User

You have Miller and Lundkvist on the same tier?

18. Magua

Magua 5 For Tomahawking

Yes, along with Sandin and Tychonick. I have Smith ahead of them all, but honestly you could lump him in too. I would. Someone like Bernard-Docker could be in that tier, if he's anything close to my impression of Tychonick. But having never seen him in-game......

[​IMG]

BigToe likes this.
  19. Pantokrator

Pantokrator Who's the clown?

I haven't seen Berggren rated very high - what is the scoop?

20. BigToe

BigToe Registered User

I don’t think they’re close. Although I’ve only seen 3 games of them both.

21. Ted Brown

He’s one of the most dangerous forwards 1-on-1 in the draft. Non-stop motor, controlled entries for days, great vision, fast, etc. Read up on him. Scouts are pretty crazy about him. Here’s a video that highlights some of his goals from this past season:

Tripod, pit and gertbfrobe16 like this.
  22. Magua

Magua 5 For Tomahawking

Even the scouts have him pegged between 25-31 at best. I think they're drastically underselling him still. As great as those goals were, he's an even better passer and PP QB. I'll proudly appear stupid saying his game reminds me of some Giroux-Gaudreau hybrid with his puck skills, ability to avoid contact, ability to TAKE contact, and positional soundness. Not going to set that as a realistic expectation ofc, but I do think he has star potential like few non-top 10 picks.

I've literally never seen him have a game in which he wasn't having a dominant impact and forced me to glue my eyes to him.

If you want to see him in-game and not just the highlights, #17 Sweden:

Ted Brown, pit and gertbfrobe16 like this.
  23. wasup

wasup Registered User

So magua , you a salesman by day and by night. lol Actually i don't have much of an opinion on him but if you really like him i good with that .

BernieParent likes this.
  24. Alex K

Alex K #EarnTheDayAfterTomorrow

People wake up! We need goal-scoring wingers, not another offensive LHD!

Rebels57 likes this.
  25. BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose Registered User

We don't need anything really - our pool is that deep.

I want whatever player is best available. Can figure out the rest later with needs as they develop.

wasup likes this.