For the Philadelphia Flyers, K’Andre Miller is a worthy risk

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He isn't my ideal selection at 19, but if Hextall selected him I'd be fine with it.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
66CDB962-6904-4F16-9E00-BEB79D5C297E.jpeg
I like his upside and I continue to preach going for a safer pick at 14 (Farabee, Hayton, etc) and a big upside guy at 19.

I’m cool with Farabee at 14. Hayton....not so much. His feet give me pause and his shot and scoring chance results from Mitch’s sample are less than ideal. There’s some interesting tools there. However, I’d be more comfortable if he generated shots and chances well in comparison to his teammates.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
View attachment 123997

I’m cool with Farabee at 14. Hayton....not so much. His feet give me pause and his shot and scoring chance results from Mitch’s sample are less than ideal. There’s some interesting tools there. However, I’d be more comfortable if he generated shots and chances well in comparison to his teammates.
You know he played on a stacked Greyhound team right?

TB87

May 30, 2018
That info is really interesting, but it's only seven games. That's a tiny sample size.

Sample size is definitely worth noting. I watched around 20 Soo games this year and this data backs up the eye-test. For whatever reason, the team got outshot and outchanced quite a bit with him on ice. Unfortunately, we don’t have deployment info (zone starts%) for these kids like NHL teams do.

TB87

May 30, 2018
You know he played on a stacked Greyhound team right?

I do. He’d get outshot and outchanced quite a bit in the 20 games I watched of the Soo this season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Miller is probably the only defensemen that could realistically be there at 19 that I wouldn't be too dissapointed in drafting. Still think forward value will be better there. Trading back to pick up another 2nd and then drafting Miller would be perfect though.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Miller is probably the only defensemen that could realistically be there at 19 that I wouldn't be too dissapointed in drafting. Still think forward value will be better there. Trading back to pick up another 2nd and then drafting Miller would be perfect though.

Considering the tools that Miller possesses, I wouldn't count on him being available in the 2nd round. Hockey Men love them some big bodied defenseman!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'd be pretty disappointed if the Flyers took K'Andre Miller in round 1. There are too many players I like who will be available, and I consider Miller more of a 2nd round caliber player this draft. He just doesn't do it for me. I'm generally not a fan of taking guys with size and athleticism who still have to learn the game that early in the draft. If they take a defenseman at 19, I'd rather have Sandin, or even Samuelsson. But even they wouldn't be my top choices at 19.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
How many really big defensemen actually turn out good ? Loads of them turn out to be pylons and are selected way too early due to their size.

TB87

May 30, 2018
How many really big defensemen actually turn out good ? Loads of them turn out to be pylons and are selected way too early due to their size.

Read up on him and watch some video on him. If you're still not interested, thats totally your prerogative.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I'd be pretty disappointed if the Flyers took K'Andre Miller in round 1. There are too many players I like who will be available, and I consider Miller more of a 2nd round caliber player this draft. He just doesn't do it for me. I'm generally not a fan of taking guys with size and athleticism who still have to learn the game that early in the draft. If they take a defenseman at 19, I'd rather have Sandin, or even Samuelsson. But even they wouldn't be my top choices at 19.

Who would be your ideal picks at 14 and 19? Sandin has skating issues and Samuelsson has pretty substantial discipline issues. Out of those two, I'd take Sandin because he's extremely smart and is very solid in the transition game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad