For the older crowd like me, who remembers what number(s) Yanick Dupre wore for Hershey?

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I want to make up a retro Hershey Bears Jersey from the early - mid 90's when I was just getting into hockey and my father and I would drive out to Hershey every few weekends to catch a game or two. Yanick Dupre was my favorite player and considering it's not too far from the 22nd anniversary of his passing I'd like to get this Jersey made up.

I've been having a hell of a time finding any pictures of him playing for Hershey, and no numbers are listed on hockey DB. If I can find any of the dozen+ programs I had from back then I'd be in business but unless I can dig those up I'm out of luck.

I've found two pieces of evidence he wore #11, one from a Twitter post on the 18th anniversary of his passing showing the back of a Hershey Bears Jersey with that number, and a Phantoms Inaugural season puck he signed #11 in December of 96 presumably right before his brief remission.

I'll never forget that interview he did with JJ and Dorney in the spring when things were looking back up for him.

Anyway, sorry this was long winded, when I think back to those times a lot of emotions come back.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This took me longer to save and upload to this post than to find

kfM1j5z.jpg

I can't imagine they'd hang the wrong jersey number, right? You said it yourself in the post, you saw this and a freaking autograph with #11 on it.

Pretty sure your answer is 11 my guy

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
1992-93 Hershey Bears he wore 17. [Glenn Mulvenna wore #11]
1993-94 Hershey Bears he wore 11.
1994-95 Hershey Bears he wore 11.
1995-96 Hershey Bears he wore 11.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: Larry44

Toonces

Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
This took me longer to save and upload to this post than to find

I can't imagine they'd hang the wrong jersey number, right? You said it yourself in the post, you saw this and a freaking autograph with #11 on it.

Pretty sure your answer is 11 my guy

Yes, this is the image I found and referenced in my post. I wanted to make sure because I was young and I remember him wearing more than one number.

If you Google him you see he wore many numbers for many different teams, I just cannot find any of him wearing a Hershey Bears Jersey at all.

It's about respect, I wanted to make sure

Toonces

Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
1992-93 Hershey Bears he wore 17. [Glenn Mulvenna wore #11]
1993-94 Hershey Bears he wore 11.
1994-95 Hershey Bears he wore 11.
1995-96 Hershey Bears he wore 11.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your kind response MSE! You saved me from ripping up my basement for my stacks of Bears yearbooks! I DID already find my Flyers yearbooks from the 90's which are now upstairs on my bookshelf!

Where did you find the information MSE, if you don't mind the inquiry?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thank you for your kind response MSE! You saved me from ripping up my basement for my stacks of Bears yearbooks! I DID already find my Flyers yearbooks from the 90's which are now upstairs on my bookshelf!

Where did you find the information MSE, if you don't mind the inquiry?

Guides/yearbooks published by the Flyers.

Toonces

Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Guides/yearbooks published by the Flyers.

Cool, and thanks again! My Flyers yearbooks only seem to want to give the NHL numbers. I don't remember him wearing 66, must have been a little too young, but I vaguely remember him wearing 15 and 18.

Anyway, thanks again!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Cool, and thanks again! My Flyers yearbooks only seem to want to give the NHL numbers. I don't remember him wearing 66, must have been a little too young, but I vaguely remember him wearing 15 and 18.

Anyway, thanks again!

I don't recall too much attention to the fact he wore #66. It was the early 90s and he made the team out of camp. Played one game very early in the season -- ironically against Pittsburgh -- and then was returned to Juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad