Post-Game Talk: For the first time... 100 points! 3-2 Jets

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Its funny to think back to the preseason and listening to 1290 and the narrative they all had was "OK, the Jet's will likely be a better team this year, but if they are going to get into the dance somebody else has to fall off. Which of the perennial playoff teams is going to drop out to make room for us??" I just thought that was a totally goofy way of looking at it. I even tweeted the BS guys a couple times. As I saw it, if we are a better team, we will win more games. If we win more games, somebody else has to lose more games. Who that is doesn't matter - all that matters is that we win enough to get 96 or so points because that likely gets us a spot. In the end, several perennials have dropped off - because other teams like us have gotten better than them. That's how it works...

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Unintentional...just reminiscing good times is all

I know. It was great to get in, but I'm looking for much much more than just an appearance. It would have been a much more positive memory for me if we'd managed to win a game or 2. Getting swept really diminished the whole thing afaic.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I know. It was great to get in, but I'm looking for much much more than just an appearance. It would have been a much more positive memory for me if we'd managed to win a game or 2. Getting swept really diminished the whole thing afaic.

That's your view but I have a very different one. I just don't like generalizations like you used "that the Jets were out of every year " because it ignores the times when they weren't.

I also don't know why people need to diminish the accomplishment

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I didn't ignore it. I mentioned it. I'm not diminishing anything. They got in - barely...and they lost four straight games. Just the facts. How one chooses to interpret that is entirely up to them. My point was that this season has been a much different and generally more enjoyable ride, that's all

Reactions: Jack722

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I didn't ignore it. I mentioned it. I'm not diminishing anything. They got in - barely...and they lost four straight games. Just the facts. How one chooses to interpret that is entirely up to them. My point was that this season has been a much different and generally more enjoyable ride, that's all

It sure sounds like you are. I am only pointing out not everyone feels the way you do about it. Far from it in fact.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Fly/Nuts/Laine are so dangerous at all times. The 2 youngsters look in a class of their own and Nuts appears to be the perfect vet center for them.

First I've heard him referred to as Nuts. Is this a locker room nickname, something borrowed from St. Louis or your own personal pseudonym for him?

Stasnuts I'm assuming is the joke?:huh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It sure sounds like you are. I am only pointing out not everyone feels the way you do about it. Far from it in fact.

seriously? Come on man! I post what is really a glowing positive comment on how much fun this season has been and you start a debate with me over not holding the one playoff appearance in quite the same regard as you?? Jeez.

fine. This season is not that great after all. We already got into the playoffs once so big whoop. :dunno:

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
seriously? Come on man! I post what is really a glowing positive comment on how much fun this season has been and you start a debate with me over not holding the one playoff appearance in quite the same regard as you?? Jeez.

I didn't start any debate. I gave my opinion on your use of the term illusion. Sorry but it was no illusion to me.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If there was a team most improved player award Chiarot would certainly be in the running.

Even as late as a couple of weeks ago, I was mocked for noting the improvement of Chiarot, included in a grouping of Lowry, Tanev, Copp, Armia etc., all players that have noticeably improved since their respective beginnings with the team.

Players like Wheeler, Scheifele and Laine win you games; players like Chiarot, Tanev, Lowry and Armia win you series. We watched it last night. The 3rd and 4th lines absolutely wore the Ducks down, in essence tenderising them for the big guns. Enstrom gets hurt? No problem, as Maurice can trust Chiarot and Morrow to pick up some of the slack, and not ride the other three D to exhaustion.

The patience towards letting the rookies and project players develop is only just now beginning to pay off, but the Jets now have seven years of this going on, and the pipeline through the Moose to the Jets is starting to get full. In light of this, I predict Logan Stanley will eventually dress as a 4th or 5th D for the Jets. The team's brain trust has continued to draft, sign, retain and trade for a consistent model of player - best exemplified by Scheifele, Comner and Chiarot: work, work, work at getting better, learning a deeper understanding of the game and being generally all-around nice guys.

I know this resembles an appeal to authority, but I've trusted in Chevy for several years. I think this blueprint took longer than originally planned to get results, but Nashville and Winnipeg are going to be the model for the next style change, and we'll shortly see the rest of the league follow suit.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Avs just hot because he didn’t move out to Vancouver to pay $1.60 for a litre of gas!

Reactions: Robinson2187

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Fun fact...

Josh Morrissey was +30 (84.1%) in Corsi (5v5). That's gotta be close to some sort of record.

Myers was +23 (72.6%).

Reactions: Robinson2187

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I didn't start any debate. I gave my opinion on your use of the term illusion. Sorry but it was no illusion to me.

You're arguing semantics when you entirely know what my fundamental point was. It has nothing at all to do with the intention of my post and it's a pointless side track. But please carry on because it's critically important.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You're arguing semantics when you entirely know what my fundamental point was. It has nothing at all to do with the intention of my post and it's a pointless side track. But please carry on because it's critically important.

Sorry you are so offended.

I was just giving my opinion. Whether you think it's important or not doesn't really matter.

It's only sidetracked because you won't let it go.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Lost Jets 1.0 and now were here in Jets 2.0...

Drank my sorrow in Sherry...

Thanks Sherry for not letting me give up!

full.jpeg

Small batch Canadian Club is one of the best deals on the market for whisky drinkers. It's a favourite!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can't believe laine didn't pop one tonight. He was outstanding!

Just a few short weeks ago I was talking about how I thought that even though Laine was scoring goals he hadn't even scratched the surface of what he could do (in response to some TML idiot fan saying that Laine has peaked).

I talked about how Laine was just using his shot really effectively and paying attention to defense, but wasn't using his elite skill as much (toe drags, driving the net, passing, etc.) We've seen Patty start to re-incorporate that into his game - I think it's possible he could end up being the best or near best player in the NHL in the near future. I know that's some homerism and bias but I believe it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great game, 100 points!

Jets all good, can’t think of one Jet who had a bad game!

Nice to see Schief back, goal and 2 assists! Guys slagging him earlier in the GDT feel good about your selves now?!?

Looks like Poolman in next game for Enstrom.

So much for the Hendricks myth, hope Mo finally gets it!
The Hendricks 'myth'? Oh, ok. I guess there is a Laine myth, a Scheifele myth, a Byfuglien myth, a Trouba myth...

Such twisted logic around here. Hendricks still provides the value he always did. Is he critical to the team's success? No. I'd argue no one outside Connor Hellebuyck is at this point. We have a very deep and capable team.

Hendricks will most likely get healthy, and he might even play in the playoffs. There is a lot of script still to be written.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->