For Ovechkin´s lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
At one point, a North American prospect (who'll remain nameless) was about to lose his lunch after struggling in the VO2-stationary bike test. Ovechkin was walking by him and said in perfect, unaccented English: "Way to go. Really good." The poor, weary kid looked puzzled and might well have been thinking that crimson-clad Ovechkin was with the Red Cross.

What's up with the punk attitude ... :help:

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
E = CH² said:
What's up with the punk attitude ... :help:

It was probably perceive very wrong the way it was written. IF you read the article entirely , it's to show that Ovechkin is all about team work & was sincerely saying a positive thing to the guy.

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
I think Ovechkin was just supporting him, saying way to go, your doing good type thing.. I dont believe he was being sarcastic or anything.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
There really isn't any way to tell, but from all accounts i've heard that Ovechkin is a team first player. I'm not going to swift in the middle of the current because he's going to Washington. I'm a fan of watching good hockey players play. I would love it if Ovechkin came out with a lot better attitude than other Russian wunderkids that will remain nameless. :D

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Russian Fan said:
It was probably perceive very wrong the way it was written. IF you read the article entirely , it's to show that Ovechkin is all about team work & was sincerely saying a positive thing to the guy.
That's not what the article implied, hence they used the word "brash" to describe Ovechkin.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jacobv2 said:
That's not what the article implied, hence they used the word "brash" to describe Ovechkin.

It was a sensationalistic article, meant to create drama. I like the fact that Ovy is brash, all the great ones are, in addition to being leaders and team players.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I never said otherwise, I'm just saying that it didn't portray Ovechkin in a flattering manner by any means.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
About the title of this thread............

It would have been better if it was "For Ovechkin lovers".........

.......stated as "For Ovechkin's lovers".....It makes it sound as though this was written for those who have had ....relations ;) .......with Ovechkin.....

..........just kind of made me wonder when I read it!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
.......stated as "For Ovechkin's lovers".....It makes it sound as though this was written for those who have had ....relations

Speaking of which, where's Foppa?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
craig1 said:
About the title of this thread............

It would have been better if it was "For Ovechkin lovers".........

.......stated as "For Ovechkin's lovers".....It makes it sound as though this was written for those who have had ....relations ;) .......with Ovechkin.....

..........just kind of made me wonder when I read it!

I thought it was an ad for a new all you can eat Russian buffet joint !

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Russian Fan said:

I agree that was totally taken wrong, he's tellin the guy he did a hellva job if he is throwing up chunks because he gave his all, ya know! :banana:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Vincent_TheGreat said:
I agree that was totally taken wrong, he's tellin the guy he did a hellva job if he is throwing up chunks because he gave his all, ya know! :banana:

There's no way for anyone to know what he truly meant only by reading this article.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
Jacobv2 said:

Maybe the article interpreted it wrong, it IS very mis-interpretable (is that even a word)...Personally I think he was just saying something positive to the guy and he's all about team work and positive thoughts.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
EroCaps said:
What's your point?
That the article portrayed Ovechkin unflatteringly. Remember?

Maybe the article interpreted it wrong, it IS very mis-interpretable (is that even a word)...Personally I think he was just saying something positive to the guy and he's all about team work and positive thoughts.
Maybe. I certainly haven't said otherwise.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
kovalchuk17atl said:

Does he have a halo on his head and rescue stranded kittens in his spare time as well? This is ridiculous. We're now at the point where Ovechkin is being deified. Isn't it within the realm of possibility the guy was making a jab at a guy puking his guts up?

Just a Guy

May 20, 2004
I remember a young guy by the name of Mario that was so full of himself that he didn't come down to the stage when he was drafted 1st overall because he was not offered a deal yet. Not comparing the two other than attitude, but super stars always have an air of cockyness when their younger.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Rabid Ranger said:
Does he have a halo on his head and rescue stranded kittens in his spare time as well? This is ridiculous. We're now at the point where Ovechkin is being deified. Isn't it within the realm of possibility the guy was making a jab at a guy puking his guts up?

No he was not.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Rabid Ranger said:

No one is deifying Ovechkin. He hasn't accomplished anything yet.

I'm just pointing out how gossipy and controversial the article seemed to want to be. Makes sense if you're selling drama. Consider the fact that practically every scout following Ovechkin comments on how remarkably mature and gentlemanly he is.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
No kidding. This article was rather of a contrast to everything else Ovechkin has done and said for the last two years. There are a lot of things they could twist. They are trying to make him into a Kovalchuk when he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad